Is SFR a scam or not?

Solved
Hello everyone,
While checking my bank accounts, I noticed that a payment of €75 with the description Carte Sfr Rech.Web/wap has been made from my account.

I am not an SFR customer, so I don't understand why such an amount was withdrawn from my account.
Can you help me resolve this issue and tell me how this could have happened?
Thank you very much, everyone.

Configuration: XP

4 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello..
    Is this a payment by credit card? If so, change your card in case its information has been compromised (theft during an online purchase or data breach of a merchant's database..
    If this is indeed an unauthorized transaction, invoke the Monetary and Financial Code:

    Article L133-18

    In the case of an unauthorized payment transaction reported by the user under the conditions set out in article L. 133-24, the payment service provider of the payer immediately reimburses the payer the amount of the unauthorized transaction and, where applicable, restores the debited account to the state it would have been in had the unauthorized payment transaction not occurred.

    The payer and their payment service provider may contractually agree on an additional compensation.

    The bank cannot require you to file a complaint... It must comply with the regulations, which do not require a prior complaint....

    See you later.
    9
    1. Thank you for responding so quickly,
      This is not a card payment.
      In fact, I only have the indication that I provided plus a date.
      0
    2. And if I understand correctly, it's the bank that has to refund me?
      2
    3. Contributor
      Re:
      Exactly... The text says 'payment operation', so whether it's a credit card or not, if there's fraud, the text applies..
      If it's a direct debit and no authorization has been given, the bank has shown carelessness..
      Keep us updated on what happens next..
      A+
      0
    4. @AfrikarnakThank you for the advice,
      I went to file a complaint at the police station, then at my bank. I will be reimbursed.
      Another charge was made with the same description, probably by the same person.
      For this offense, I didn't go to the police; a simple sworn statement to my bank was enough.
      It was a credit card fraud; how did the fraudsters gain access to the card number, code, and date? A merchant showed me the receipt kept for any credit card payment, ALL THE NUMBERS OF OUR CARD ARE ON THEIR RECEIPT, it only takes one dishonest merchant or employee to misuse your card for online or phone payments.
      The advisor told me it’s better to pay in cash if you don't know the merchant.
      Thanks again for your help.
      0
    5. It's good to know because I've just received my bank statement and I also have 2 transactions of this kind.
      0