Search command to turn off screen

Solved
Hello everyone!

It's all in the title: no, I am not a lazy person who is too lazy to press the screen power button...

I have a laptop and I am looking for the command that allows me to put the screen to sleep (to turn it off)

It must exist because we can set the screen to turn off in power management.

Thank you for your help!

Configuration: Debian Sid / kernel: 2.6.32-5-amd64 / KDE 4.4.3 / iceweasel 3.6.3

8 answers

  1. GOT IT !!!

    found the solution: just type
    xset dpms force off

    and there you go, the screen turns off but ONLY the screen (the rest continues to function).
    to wake it up, just move the mouse (or press a key...)
    12
    1. Re...

      I like your "just type..."!
      We did it simpler, but oh well....!
      Regards,
      @+
      0
    2. Well, just make an alias... now I type "etoff" and there we go! :D
      0