<WINDOWS ROOT >\SYSTEM32\HAL.DLL.

Solved
Hello
<WINDOWS ROOT>\SYSTEM32\HAL.DLL is missing or corrupt. Please reinstall this file.
At startup, this is what it shows me in black and white. Safe mode doesn't work either.
This all happened after a change in Startup and Recovery: partition.......(2) to (1). And then, boom, disaster.
I don't have an XP CD to reinstall. I've used a boot disk and I have A:>. I don't know what to do to go into System Startup and Recovery to restore the original data?
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!
I have a second PC with XP Pro but no burner, just a CD-ROM and floppy drive.
No warranty left.

26 answers

  1. I finally solved the problem
    I reinstalled with F10 and it's ok
    thank you
    54
    1. Hello!

      I have the same problem that you had.

      Actually, I had a session with password protection.
      I made a partition, everything was still working fine for 2 days. The next day, I reboot, and... my password no longer opens the session!!

      A friend managed to get into the session (I don’t know how?!) but we couldn't access the files on the C:\ drive (the part where I had all my data).
      However, there is no problem accessing D:\.
      We reinstalled Windows on D:\. Still the same, I still can't access C:\ (access denied).

      When I start the machine, it asks me if I want to go to Windows XP (old) or the new one.

      When I enter the old one, it displays: <WINDOWS ROOT>\SYSTEM32\HAL.DLL is missing, please reinstall this file.

      Please help me!! I don’t know what to do anymore.
      Thank you.
      0
    2. Hello

      I have the same problem as you, how did you do it? I tried pressing F10 and it does nothing.
      0
    3. Hello, how to deal with an Acer PC that doesn't have a floppy disk drive or a CD drive? Please, I need help.
      0