Impossible sorting excel
Solved
Hello,
I cannot sort a spreadsheet in Excel because I have merged cells in certain rows and in different columns. The message is:
"this operation requires merged cells to be of the same size"
How can I avoid having to retype my entire table, which is quite large?
And without having to change this formatting?
Thank you in advance
I cannot sort a spreadsheet in Excel because I have merged cells in certain rows and in different columns. The message is:
"this operation requires merged cells to be of the same size"
How can I avoid having to retype my entire table, which is quite large?
And without having to change this formatting?
Thank you in advance
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.5.6
4 answers
-
ModeratorHello,
It's impossible.
One basic rule for using Excel as lists or databases is to NEVER MERGE cells...
How do you expect Excel to sort when cells are merged?
Moreover, in the latest versions of Excel, when you convert a range into a table, merges are not allowed.
I think it's a big mistake by Microsoft developers to have allowed cell merging in Excel.
A tip that compensates for horizontal merges is to center across multiple cells (Cell Format).
m@rina
--
- "On the office forum, people ask questions about office automation..."
- "Really???"