Problem with Ovi store
Hello,
I have a Nokia 5800 Express Music and I tried to download apps from Ovi Store but I can't connect from my phone. I created an Ovi Store account from my PC and I can log in, but not on my phone. I don't know if others have the same problem as me, when I enter my username and password it loads and then takes me back to the page where I have to input my username and password again with empty fields. I'm not sure if my explanations are clear, I must admit I'm not very tech-savvy!! I hope someone can help me.
See you soon, Léa
I have a Nokia 5800 Express Music and I tried to download apps from Ovi Store but I can't connect from my phone. I created an Ovi Store account from my PC and I can log in, but not on my phone. I don't know if others have the same problem as me, when I enter my username and password it loads and then takes me back to the page where I have to input my username and password again with empty fields. I'm not sure if my explanations are clear, I must admit I'm not very tech-savvy!! I hope someone can help me.
See you soon, Léa
Configuration: Windows XP Opera 9.64
19 answers
-
Good evening Léa,
I just read your message, and I can tell you that you are not alone; I have exactly the same problem, and I still can't download applications on my 5800XpressMusic.
I hope you have found a solution, and I would love for you to let me know.
Thank you in advance.
Momo-
Good evening Léa,
I just found the solution ;o)
You need to disable the Proxy on your mobile, the method to follow is as follows:
Menu => Settings => Connectivity => Destinations => Internet => Orange world
When you are in Orange world, click on Options (at the bottom left) and select Advanced settings, then go to:
* Proxy server address: remove the series of numbers (leave it blank)
* Proxy port number: remove the series of numbers
And then, reconnect to Ovi and you will be able to download your applications.
Goodbye. -
@MomoHello,
I have the same issue with the applications, I did what Momo explained but I still get a message that says (sign in failed. Check your user name and password) and I don't know how to be able to download the applications.
Thank you in advance -
@TitaGood evening Tita,
I assure you that since I deactivated the proxy, I am able to download applications perfectly on the 5800 XpressMusic.
I also received a reply from Nokia support (store.support@nokia.com) to resolve this issue; I am forwarding you this response:
*******************************************************************************
Thank you for contacting NOKIA CARE Customer Service.
I am sorry to learn about the inconveniences you are facing while trying to log into OVI Store using the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic mobile.
I would like to inform you that being continually redirected to the login page is due to using an unsuitable access point.
-------------------------- FOR ORANGE --------------------------
With the Orange operator, you need to modify the "Orange World" access point by disabling the proxy settings.
To disable this proxy and access the Nokia Ovi Store service, you just need to go to:
- "Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Destination > Internet > Orange World > (Options) > Edit"
- Select "Options > Advanced settings"
- Choose "None" for "Proxy server address"
- Choose "0" for "Proxy port number"
-------------------------- FOR SFR --------------------------
With the SFR operator, you must use the WAPSFR access point available with the SFR Illimythics subscription.
-------------------------- FOR BOUYGUES TELECOM --------------------------
With the Bouygues Telecom operator, you need to use the Bouygtel Web/Mail Internet access point.
I invite you to follow the identification steps either from the Ovi Store application installed on your mobile or from the website. These have been tested and are therefore functional.
1) From the application installed on your phone:
- Menu
- Applications
- Store (Ovi Store)
- Choose an Internet or WLAN access point (not WAP like Vodafone Live! or Orange World with proxy enabled)
- Options
- Account > Sign in / register
- Enter your username in the "Username" box and your password in the "password" box. Then click on the "Sign in" button.
- A message informs you that you are now logged into Ovi Store.
- Select an application of your choice (for example, "Facebook for Nokia," which is a free application)
- The application page opens, and you can either download the application to your phone "Download," or send it to a friend "Send to a friend." Click on "Download."
- The download progress bar appears, and after a few seconds, the download starts.
- Once the download is complete, the installation will automatically be installed on your phone, and the message "Installing" will appear above the green bar indicating that the download has completed. Wait and do not leave the page.
- You may be prompted to choose the memory to use for installing the application. By default, I recommend using the memory card to avoid overloading the phone's internal memory.
- Once the installation is complete, the message above the download bar changes to "Installed," informing you that the installation was successful.
- Exit Ovi Store and enjoy your new application.
2) From the website, on your computer:
- Go to the address https://store.ovi.com/
- At the top right of the page, "Sign in" is written. Click on it to log in.
- Enter your username in the "Username" box and your password in the "password" box. Then click on the "Sign in" button.
- Verify that you are indeed logged in. The message "Hi <your username="">" should now appear at the top right.
- Select an application of your choice (for example, "Facebook for Nokia," which is a free application)
- The application page opens, and you can either send the application to your phone "Send to mobile," or send it to a friend "Send to a friend." Click on "Download."
- Choose to send it to your phone by clicking on "Send to mobile."
- A box will appear informing you that a message will be sent to your Nokia phone to allow you to install the application. You can also take this opportunity to change your phone number before sending. Click on "Send" to send the message to your phone.
- After a few moments, you will receive a text message on your phone. Open it and select the link that appears in the message. Choose to open the link.
- Choose an Internet or WLAN access point (not WAP like Vodafone Live! or Orange World with proxy enabled)
- The application page opens, and you can either download the application to your phone "Download," or send it to a friend "Send to a friend." Click on "Download."
- Accept the secure connection.- Enter your username in the "Username" box and your password in the "password" box. Then click on the "Sign in" button.
- Accept to leave the secure page.
- The application page opens again, and you can either download the application to your phone "Download," or send it to a friend "Send to a friend." Click again on "Download."
- Accept the application's download by clicking on "Ok."
- Once the download is complete, you will be asked to install the application.
- You may be asked to choose the memory to use for installing the application. By default, I recommend using the memory card to avoid overloading the phone's internal memory.
- Once the installation is complete, exit Ovi Store and enjoy your new application.
If you are still having an issue, I invite you to provide us with the following information:
- What model of phone(s) is/are being used?
- What is the IMEI / serial number of your phone? (*#06#)
- What is the name of your operator?
- Can you successfully connect to the Internet?
- What type of access point are you using to connect to the Internet (for example, 3G, GPRS, WLAN)?
- What is the version of your phone's software? (*#0000#)
- What language is used by Ovi Store?
- What is your Ovi Store username?
- What is the version of the application software?
- What is the exact title of the game / content?
- What is the transaction ID of the downloaded or purchased content? (for example, game, ringtone, application)
Thank you for your interest in our products and I remain at your disposal for any further information.
Best regards,
Cédric
NOKIA CARE Technical Service
0811 00 45 67 (local call rate)
Please do not reply to this email and visit our website for any future response or question.
******************************************************************************
I hope this helps you.
Have a good evening.</your> -
@MomoThanks to Momo, I did what you told me and now it works.
-
-