Reliability of SECURIBOX
Hello,
I am reaching out for advice from an expert. I am looking to open a digital safe to organize my invoices. I was advised to use Séricubox. I would like to know what users and experts think of this service.
Thank you all
--
Pilamaye
Natatatanka
I am reaching out for advice from an expert. I am looking to open a digital safe to organize my invoices. I was advised to use Séricubox. I would like to know what users and experts think of this service.
Thank you all
--
Pilamaye
Natatatanka
Configuration: Portable PC: Toshiba satellite A100 Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Internet Explorer 8.0 HDD: SATA 100GB RAM: 1024 MB Processor Type: Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium M, 1733 MHz (13 x 133)
25 answers
-
Hello
At e-coffrefort it's paid whereas securibox is free for individuals.
https://www.securibox.eu
http://www.securibox.fr/FAQ.aspx
Frequently asked questions.
-
I personally use a safe with e-coffrefort, which provides me with much more security and features for archiving my personal papers. For me, this new box is currently just a gadget that I wouldn't trust with my REAL personal documents (passports, ID papers, notarial acts, and all my other paperwork...). I prefer to deal with professionals who have proven track records and have been around in the market for years (the oldest, to my knowledge, is managed by Ofsad, which has been offering its e-safes since 2003). Good luck.
-
-
@natatatankaSeeing the biased responses, one might think that behind the pseudonym Natatatanka lies the company Securibox. It's quite remarkable to ignore that E-coffrefort, which I have been using daily for 3 years, now offers 10 DIFFERENT DEPOSIT METHODS, including the most practical ones (management of my automatic scan, virtual printing... and automatic funding by third-party depositors! Oh YES!!!).
They also regularly make headlines on news shows and TV magazines... (see https://www.e-coffrefort.fr/presse.htm
and they include performance guarantees in their Terms of Use, covered up to over 100,000 euros in case of a dispute over a document (see article 8 of the Terms of Use: https://www.e-coffrefort.fr/E-coffrefort_CGU.pdf, which is very far from the extremely limited commitments of Securibox.
So good luck to those who would like to entrust their REAL personal documents (passport, property deed, credit...) to such a free solution, and therefore without real performance commitments... but it's free... So good luck...
. -
@AssimaI'm scared too... In their interview, Securbox says they will access my documents to analyze them in order to suggest better suppliers (EDF, mobile phone, insurance...)
It's worse than my mailman or my neighbors, they're going to read all my personal documents!
Weird! Right?
-- -
@AssimaAssima, you see spies everywhere LOL!!!!!!!! I work cheap securibox don’t worry. If that were the case do you think I would go on a forum to get user info? LMAO!!!!!!!!!! ;)
--
Pilamaye
Natatatanka -
@isa112Sorry for the e-coffrefort links that didn't work, here are the correct ones:
.../...
They also regularly make the headlines of news broadcasts and TV magazines ... (see https://www.e-coffrefort.fr/presse.htm ) and include performance guarantees in their terms of service, covered up to more than 100,000 euros in case of a dispute over a document (see article 8 of the terms of service: https://www.e-coffrefort.fr/E-coffrefort_CGU.pdf )... which is very, very far from the extremely limited commitments of Secritibox.
.../...
-
-
Hello,
Personally, I have been using Securibox for 2 months, on the advice of a friend, and I am really delighted. I entered all my passwords (EDF, SFR, Amex, etc.) once. And automatically, the service searches for my documents and sorts them all by itself.
Now I only connect when I need to find a bill; the site does everything else.
Moreover, according to what I saw on France 2 yesterday, it's very secure (the documents are kept in three different locations), and to top it off, it's free. Perfect. -
Do you think the e-safe services justify this payment?
Pilamaye
Natatatanka -
Maybe you should go read on their site to see what it's all about.
https://www.e-coffrefort.fr/inscription.htm
Personally, I would trust something more known from the TV. Although. But the other one, which is also paid for not much, doesn't appeal to me. -
Wouldn’t this kind of site just be another way to keep tabs on us?
-
According to what I see, e-safe will not retrieve your invoices. It’s a space to store documents that you want to keep. You need to upload them yourself on the site. Right?
-
Yes, exactly. The same principle as in a safe.
--
Pilamaye
Natatatanka -
Yes, exactly. The same principle as in a safe.
--
Pilamaye
Natatatanka -
We can't access the securibox site anymore, too many people must have gone on at the same time.
-
READ THE GENERAL CONDITIONS:
1. ACCEPTANCE OF THE GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
Visiting the site www.securibox.com (hereinafter the "Site") and using the Services described below in article 3 requires the unconditional acceptance of these general conditions of use (hereinafter the "Conditions of Use").
Users of the Services are requested to carefully read the Conditions of Use before using the Services.
By using said services, you unconditionally accept the Conditions of Use, which constitute a contract between Securibox (located at 9 allée des Ormes 92420 VAUCRESSON, hereinafter the "Company") and you. If you refuse to be contractually bound by the Conditions of Use, you must not use the Services.
It is advised that the User keep a copy of the Conditions of Use.
Date of last update of the Conditions of Use: 10/10/2008.
2- DEFINITIONS
You and/or User: any person holding a Securibox account who has accepted the Conditions of Use.
Emitters: public or private bodies partnering with the Company that issue Official Documents and to which you will have previously communicated your Securibox identifiers.
Official Documents: private or administrative documents issued by the Emitters, such as, but not limited to: pay slips, rent receipts, bank account statements, EDF invoices, telephone bills, internet service provider bills, cable or satellite TV service providers, insurance policies, tax notices, social benefits, social security reimbursements, diplomas, etc., which are directly deposited by the Emitters into your Securibox Space.
Personal Documents: personal documents such as text documents, spreadsheets, etc., that you upload directly to your Free Storage Space.
Securibox Space: storage space allowing the probative archiving of your Official Documents in electronic format.
Free Storage Space: storage space reserved for the deposit of your Personal Documents with a maximum capacity of 100 MB. You can also use your Free Storage Space to transfer documents made available to you by certain non-partner organizations on their interface.
3. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
3.1. The Site aims to offer you a free service (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Services") allowing the receiving, organizing, storing, and transmitting of your Documents in electronic format. The Services are open to Users who have previously registered online for the opening of an account in accordance with the provisions provided in article 4 below. Upon receipt of the Official Document, the Company ensures the complete traceability of the Official Documents from their deposit, in particular through the authentication of the Issuer, in order to carry out the appropriate classification in your Securibox Space.
These Official Documents are identified in your Securibox Space with the visual of a padlock. You can benefit from an alert system that informs you by email about the deposit of a new Official Document in your Securibox Space.
3.2. The Official Documents deposited by the Emitters are not modifiable and therefore retain their legal value in accordance with article 1316-1 of the Civil Code, which states that "The written document in electronic form is accepted as proof on the same basis as the written document on paper, provided that the person from whom it originates can be identified and that it is established and kept under conditions that guarantee its integrity." The Official Documents deposited in your Securibox Space thus have the same probative value as a document on paper.
3.3 The registration of your Personal Documents in the Free Storage Space is carried out permanently but does not have probative value.
4. REGISTRATION AND IDENTIFICATION
4.1. The Services are reserved for individuals over 18 years of age residing in mainland France and the DOM TOM and legally capable of entering into a contract under French law.
4.2. To benefit from our Services, you must first open a User account (hereinafter "User Account") and provide several pieces of information. Thus, creating a User Account requires communication of a password and access code as well as personal data enabling your identification. You must then choose a username (name and email), a password, and an access code, subject to their availability.
In this regard, you agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information that corresponds to your identity and to maintain and update it regularly. You must not choose a password that infringes the rights of third parties and, in particular, the right to a name, trademark rights, copyright, or any general regulations in force, public order, and good morals. Otherwise, the Company reserves the right to refuse all denominations, terms, words, and others that would be contrary to these principles.
4.3 The information you provided is accessible in the Account Information section; you can update it at any time during your use of the Services.
In case of loss of your identifiers, you can inform the User service of the Company by written letter sent by registered mail with acknowledgment of receipt to the following address. This letter must be accompanied by your identity documents and your new valid email address. A new temporary identifier will then be assigned to you by the Company via email to allow you to update your Account Information.
4.4 You are, in any case, responsible for the conservation and confidentiality of your passwords and access codes, as well as for operations carried out under your identifier and/or with your passwords and identifiers.
The provision of this information and its update in a way that allows your identification are determining conditions for your right to use the Services. The Company cannot be held responsible if it has not been notified of any changes regarding your information. In the event of death, it is the responsibility of the heirs or any legally qualified person to close the User Account subscribed by the deceased under the conditions defined in article 5..5.2 of the Conditions of Use.
4.5 You are solely responsible for the consequences arising from the communication of your identifiers and personal password to any third party, without prejudice to any damages that the Company may claim from you due to any harm possibly suffered as a result.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, you must provide your identifiers only to the Emitters. The account thus created is strictly personal, and you are prohibited from sharing or transferring it to anyone. If you access your Spaces from a public computer, make sure to properly close your session before leaving the computer.
4.6 The Company is in no way responsible for the identity theft of others. The Site assumes in good faith that the personal data recorded during your registration belongs to you and is accurate. Registration on the Site is done on a declarative basis, making it impossible for the Site to ensure that the data communicated by its users corresponds to reality, and thus cannot confirm their exact identity.
5. USE OF THE SERVICES
5.1 Access to the Services
The provision of the Services is provided free of charge. Without prejudice to the foregoing, the computer equipment (computers, software, telecommunications means, etc.) necessary to access the Services is at your expense, as are connection costs incurred by their use.
To use the Services, you must have a computer equipment with a compatible Internet configuration.
In particular, you must have:
- a computer with a browser
- high-speed Internet access
5.2 Your Official Documents
The Emitters send your Official Documents to the Company in pdf format. Upon receipt of these Official Documents, the Company automatically registers them in your Securibox Space. The Company commits to implementing the necessary means to ensure the probative archiving of your Official Documents stored in your Securibox Space through conservation measures guaranteeing their integrity and complete traceability measures, notably put in place through electronic timestamping techniques and authentication of the Issuer.
There is no limit to the storage of your Official Documents in your Securibox Space.
It is possible to be alerted to the receipt of an Official Document in your Securibox Space. If you have activated this feature in your interface, an email will be sent to you as soon as an Official Document arrives in your Securibox Space.
If you wish, you can copy the Official Documents received in your Securibox Space to your hard drive by clicking on the designated icon.
5.3 Your Personal Documents
You can store your Personal Documents in digital format by uploading them directly to your Free Storage Space, which has a maximum capacity of 100 MB, noting that Personal Documents stored in this space do not benefit from the same probative rules as those applicable to Official Documents.
5.4. Storage/Access to documents
Your documents are hosted by the Company in three independent and physically distant data centers. Each Document is replicated in real-time on each of the three servers to ensure their access and integrity.
In the event that partnerships between the Company and partner issuers terminate, Users will continue to have access to the Official Documents archived in their Securibox Space.
5.5 Duration of storage of your Personal and Official Documents
The Documents stored in your Securibox Space or in your Free Storage Space are kept for life by the Company, subject to the following assumptions:
5.5.1 In the event of the disappearance of the Company (by merger, absorption, or liquidation), the ceding company agrees to retain the Documents for a specified period... -
-
Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas accéder à des liens ou des images. Veuillez fournir le texte à traduire.
-
Thank you pollux755, now I have all the information I need.
Have a good day
--
Pilamaye
Natatatanka -
Hello, I find the service really interesting but I've seen comments on Twitter stating that the security isn't very good. Here are the Twitter infos: No https, passwords in plain text... etc... Do you think that's important or not?
Thank you -
Hello
Digital archiving is really convenient.
I have been a customer of e-coffre-fort.fr for several years and I frequently use it to find information. This morning, for example, I searched for my Air France frequent flyer card number and my wife's code.
That being said, the service is quite expensive. I just paid €89.40 for my renewal and it's a bit tough, especially since for this price I don't even have the right to use their drag-and-drop interface to easily upload documents. However, the virtual printer download is really convenient.
Additionally, there is no web agent to automatically fetch an EDF bill, or at least I couldn't find it.
I opened a securibox account this morning to compare. The free option is nice but the service is very slow and not very responsive. I have never managed to retrieve my Bouygues Telecom bills and the Orange bills came in several copies. However, it worked very well for EDF and GDF.
In short, every solution has its advantages and disadvantages for now. Let's see how this evolves.
Seneca -
If we used to settle our bills by TIP, dating, signing and sending it back, how do we handle that now that we no longer receive the TIP?
Does that mean we have to switch to automatic withdrawal? If so, there's nothing left to do but unsubscribe. -
For EDF, we can perhaps pay by credit card on the site https://secure.telefact.fr/index.htm without the obligation of automatic debit, but for GDF, it is not available.
Is it enough to deactivate GDF in Securibox under "my agents"? -
Hello,
The topic is hot today with all these suppliers giving us electronic invoices.
I am also working on this topic due to a personal need. I have created the website https://www.efactures.fr.
It is quite similar to securibox, but it stands out in several ways:
- you can truly centralize all your documents (multiple SFR accounts, for example)
- you have the option to activate a feature that encrypts all your access passwords for your accounts
- the system is collaborative; if a supplier is missing, we can add it in a short timeframe (1 to 2 days), and you also have a say in the service developments and their importance http://efactures.uservoice.com/
In short, I did this for my own use and that of my close ones, even though it is my company that hosts the server for cost and security reasons.
Currently, the following suppliers are available:
SFR mobile and neufbox, Orange mobile and internet, Bouygues telecom and bbox, ASF tolling, EDF, GDF, Direct Energie, FREE, Numericable, as well as CAF certificates and social security.
I invite you to take a look; the service is of course free.
Best regards,-
Securibox is a piece of ****! Let me explain:
- The PDFs of PAJE and CESU are not visible: Error messages "the PDF does not start with %PDF"
- No follow-up from customer service: Email without response, despite several reminders! Out of all the emails sent, only one response: It's your computer's fault! (Same with the office PCs)
- To top it all off, today, the account has been completely reset, all my scanned invoices are lost and all web agents need to be reset...
Obviously, the technical service is nowhere to be found, as if they're locked away with the key in their digital vault...
Anyway, I searched for a solution that seemed interesting, but as usual, you have to be wary of free services!
In short, as you can understand, I strongly advise against it, except for archiving received paper ads in your real mailbox! -
@XavierGood evening Xavier,
Have you tried the eFactures.fr service that I edit?
You would benefit from better tracking, and we are looking for knowledgeable users like you to help move our service in the right direction.
In any case, feel free to contact us directly at contact@efactures.fr to share any comments you may have. -
@XavierHello Xavier,
We apologize for the bad experience you had with Sécuribox this weekend. Our entire team was on deck for a major site update (including the ability to schedule multiple accounts for the same Web Agent), and despite all our efforts to make the transition as smooth as possible, it is possible that you encountered a period of instability in the database, which should now be resolved.
In any case, we also strive to respond to 100% of user emails that are sent to us.
Please feel free to share any difficulties you encounter at contact@securibox.fr (with "forum Commentcamarche" in the subject line), and we commit to providing a solution as soon as possible.
Best regards,
The Sécuribox Team
Blog: https://securibox.wordpress.com/2009/11/02/les-agents-web-sont-desormais-multi-comptes/ -
@SécuriboxGood evening and thank you for following up on my case.
Tonight: the CESU is working well.
PAJE: still the same message '%PDF'.
As for the messages, I assure you that I reported the issue on 09/30 and it took a post on this forum to get a response.
But well, I guess I'm not the only one reaching out to you, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt :)
To be continued. -
@Xavier@Xavier
I had some doubts about the service after a problem. I came across this forum while searching on Google and it scared me :-s I thought the fact that it was free was a good idea but well...
I tested myarchivebox some time ago and I just subscribed to them. Honestly great. I even think they posted a comment above. That's how I got to know them.
-
-
Hello,
89HT€ per month is indeed quite expensive, it amounts to over 1200€ including taxes for an individual. This solution is not suitable for me. I think that the companies mentioned above also provide good services: securibox, e-coffrefort, or myarchivebox. Their specialty is individuals, not professionals. However, I agree to pay if I want security, but personally, I cannot afford 1200€.
Thank you for this information.
- 1
- 2
Next