Messages disappearing with Mozilla Thunderbird

Solved
Hi

I am using Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 on Windows 2000, and for a while now the messages in my inbox disappear by themselves.
Once I open the email client, I check them, I close it, I reopen it and the inbox is empty.
Does anyone have this kind of problem?
I haven't found anything reported except on Framasoft where other users confirm the same issue.
Thanks for the info.

13 answers

  1. 6 months of missing emails! But easily found
    The method:
    Right-click on the Inbox folder: in general information: "rebuild the index", wait a few minutes, and it's sorted
    Best regards
    17
    1. Thank you for your advice, but despite my research, I cannot find the theme: rebuild the index?
      Is there another solution?
      Thanks again
      hel7745
      0
    2. A year later, you saved my skin with "rebuild the index," a thousand thanks!!!!!!!
      Best regards
      Fabienne
      0
    3. Thank you Thank you!!
      0
    4. I add my thousand and one thanks to the list. Great!
      0
    5. Hello, I'm arriving two years late, but in the current Thunderbird, there is no "General Information" option on the right-click menu! And there's also no "Rebuild Index," I can't find it..
      If you read this message, it would be great to get your opinion!
      Thank you
      Olivier
      0