Be2!!
Solved/Closed
Hello,
I too had the misfortune of signing up on the be2 site, I paid 179.40 for 6 months, but I deleted my profile after a few days!! When you send an email to the customer service of the site to ask for the steps to cancel the contract, they send you a message that has nothing to do with your request and I also received a message in German!! As a result, my contract was supposed to end at the end of February but in the meantime I changed banks so they couldn't withdraw from my account, and two days ago I received a letter from a bailiff "Notice of Default to Pay" to be paid within 72 hours or I risk having my assets seized. The truth is I have hardly ever used this site and they haven’t sent me messages to discover new profiles for a long time!
On the invoice they sent me it clearly states that the duration is 6 months, and nowhere is it mentioned that it is an automatic renewal! Furthermore, I received the letter at the end of May while the contract deadline is at the end of February. The bailiff's letter was not sent by registered mail!
I admit I don’t really know what to do, but in any case, it’s a true dialogue of the deaf! As some have mentioned in this discussion, I have never seen a fax number.
Any responses that could help me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
I too had the misfortune of signing up on the be2 site, I paid 179.40 for 6 months, but I deleted my profile after a few days!! When you send an email to the customer service of the site to ask for the steps to cancel the contract, they send you a message that has nothing to do with your request and I also received a message in German!! As a result, my contract was supposed to end at the end of February but in the meantime I changed banks so they couldn't withdraw from my account, and two days ago I received a letter from a bailiff "Notice of Default to Pay" to be paid within 72 hours or I risk having my assets seized. The truth is I have hardly ever used this site and they haven’t sent me messages to discover new profiles for a long time!
On the invoice they sent me it clearly states that the duration is 6 months, and nowhere is it mentioned that it is an automatic renewal! Furthermore, I received the letter at the end of May while the contract deadline is at the end of February. The bailiff's letter was not sent by registered mail!
I admit I don’t really know what to do, but in any case, it’s a true dialogue of the deaf! As some have mentioned in this discussion, I have never seen a fax number.
Any responses that could help me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
59 answers
-
Sab,
I am in the same situation as you, and I find it just as difficult to get rid of this site.
But I think there is a radical way to leave it, since it gives us no chance to do so...
It's not very nice or elegant for the members, I know, but it could ruin the atmosphere of Be2.fr.
Have you considered throwing out a free insult? The other members are not to blame, so I apologize for that.
Don't forget that your posted message goes through a Webmaster before being sent to the concerned member, so it's filtered. Your so-called "insult" won’t make it through, of course, and you'll receive a warning. This Webo doesn't know your true intentions and, over time, will get tired of you...
I rarely go on this site, so I don't know if a CHAT exists. Because if it does, just insult the member right in front of you. It will be LIVE!!! There, no Webo to filter. The poor member isn’t to blame, and it will ultimately fall back on you if this kind of incident happens often.
My method is really radical. But it has worked before. It's sad to have to go this route, especially if it means insulting innocent people who only want to get to know you. But at least it will save you from being drained of your money against your will...
Think it over carefully...-
It is stated in their regulations that they must send an email before the new payment to notify and allow time for cancellation if you do not want to continue "the be2 adventure". An email that I personally did not receive!! I therefore sent a registered letter:
"Dear Sir/Madam,
I hereby acknowledge receipt of your email requesting payment for the renewal of my subscription to your Premium offer for 6 months – from 03/12/2017 to 03/06/2018.
As stated in your general terms of use, I quote:
“the user is informed by Be2 by email at least one month before the end of the current period, of the possibility not to renew the contract” (paragraph 8.2 Renewal of the contract), however, I did not receive mention of this email one month before, which would have been on 03/11/2017.
This is therefore a failure on your part, which cancels our contract.
I quote: “13.4. The fact that either party does not assert a breach by the other party of any of the obligations referred to in the T&Cs shall not be interpreted as a waiver of the obligation in question.” (paragraph 13 Miscellaneous)
I therefore request the cancellation of my Premium subscription and the deletion of my account.
Yours sincerely,"
I received an email a week later saying that they were terminating my subscription!
Sorry for the delay, and I hope this will help you nonetheless!!
-
-
ContributorHello,
first of all, no registered letter = not valid
furthermore, there is a specialized law/finance forum that will be perfectly suited to your request
http://droit-finances.commentcamarche.net/
--
One should not treat people like fools,
but one must never forget that they are. -
Yes, yes, I would like to know if I need to pay to read the messages that men are writing about me, it's incredible that you haven't lost your way?
-
Excellent. I don't go on that kind of site, but I read your message and hats off ^^. I would have never thought of that (I must be too nice).
-
Hi Nightstalker,
I guess this story is now over... and that's a good thing.
Just so you know, I never had any issues with be2. I simply made a cancellation request by email, and it was accepted the same day.
I feel like be2 has changed, and it seems to be for the better.
Here's a message from a satisfied customer. -
Hello, the site hasn't changed at all. I've been trying to contact them for two weeks, by email or by mail, and no response other than an automatic one. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING THIS EXPERIENCE !!!
-
Hello, I confirm what Anonimiss said! The be2 site is a TOTAL SCAM. Despite the cancellation letter I sent them, along with an email with the PDF attached, I received no response except for a useless automatic email. Moreover, they charged me 155 euros a few days ago, completely ignoring my cancellation request! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE AT ALL COSTS!
-
Good evening. I agree with you... BE2 is a big scam!!! Be careful!!!
-
Hello to all those who have been scammed. Here is the procedure to follow for this kind of fraud:
contact the European Consumer Centre via this form:
https://www.europe-consommateurs.eu/fr/resoudre-votre-probleme/nous-contacter/
This is what needs to be done to stop this type of abuse. Good luck, it works! -
I also just got heavily taxed by this site whose daily emails are so numerous that I didn't notice their subscription renewal.
Their commercial organization is so nebulous that there is no way to contact them by phone for clarification on specific points, the responses via their email address are formatted and do not answer the questions asked.
Following the advice of one of the subscribers, I contacted the European Consumer Centre, which I linked in each of my many emails to Be2, and curiously, the situation began to gradually untangle.
I still had to pay the full subscription fee for the upcoming year, which is a blatant scam since apart from providing numerous profile contacts, Be2 offers nothing, neither services, nor assistance, nor advice.
Such a site is confiscatory and exploits the pain of loneliness that so many solo individuals (myself included) are currently suffering from.
Not everything is rotten in this world, and I tip my hat to the European Consumer Centre, which has always responded very graciously to my emails. -
Hello,
I just had 298 euros stolen from me by Be2!
I thought I was paying 24.90 euros with my credit card, but in the end, I paid 298 euros because it was multiplied by 12 months! It's not clear on the site; it's a trap that many have fallen into. I just immediately canceled my premium offer because I don't want them to charge again in 12 months; otherwise, they will! All I have left is to delete my profile, and I can't do it!!!
I explained to them that I made a mistake and that I hadn't used their service at all, but nothing doing; it's a bunch of THIEVES sitting in Luxembourg!-
Hello couac1, I've just been scammed like you... indeed, not only is the amount to be paid not clear, one month or one year, but the worst part is that we have no statement, invoice, or amount before validating with our credit card!!! After that, it's too late! I will certainly cancel my contract soon, this is just for the information of potential users.
-
-
Hello,
If you had to sort everything out anyway, I don't see how the European center helped you and how it can help us ... (!) -
Your cancellation has been recorded.
Dear Thierry,
We have recorded the cancellation of "Contact Notification with another member" emails.
If you wish to return to the options or configure your profile, please click on Options > Mail Configuration page.
Return to the "Member" page
Cancel easily via the site! -
I also wanted to cancel my contract after 3 days, and I was told that their legal department would not allow me to do so... Moreover, instead of charging me $33/month, I saw that $199.80 was deducted on the first statement. Yes, it's really a scam, and unfortunately, it was the first time I had signed up for a site, not really knowing how it worked, only to realize that the headquarters were in Luxembourg, I believe...
This is all just bullshit... -
Hello, is it possible to read our messages without paying? Because originally it's still a free site...thank you.
-
be2 internation, cliquez ici https://form.jotform.me/60340999396469
pour toute résiliation de compte.. ils vous contacteront et vous aideront. -
I am not registered on this site at all and on no other dating site either, and they took €40 from me! How do they have my card number? Mystery! I sent them an email to ask for an explanation and they responded by asking me to send them my full name, the amount of the withdrawal, the date of it, the type of card, and finally THE COMPLETE NUMBER OF MY BANK CARD! I have already been scammed by them and they dare to ask me for all my banking information to investigate this so-called withdrawal! Of course, I refused and stopped responding to them for the moment because if not, it would have turned into insults. Anyway, this happened last night. My bank is not open yet! What should I do?
-
Hello everyone, I had the unpleasant surprise yesterday to find out that the account I created over two years ago, which I have never used... but unfortunately forgot to delete... was still active. Indeed, yesterday a friend of a friend told me he was chatting with a nice and beautiful woman on the Be2 site, and what a surprise when my photo appeared on his phone!!! So I was supposedly communicating and exchanging with someone I didn't even know!!! Meanwhile, I was quietly driving my car... Beware of fake profiles, it's a real scam, but now what can I do to deactivate my profile... I don't remember my password... and I don't know who to contact to unsubscribe... THANK YOU for your help;
-
Hello.
The same thing, it is becoming distressingly commonplace. We do not research enough before subscribing to a contract with these dating sites, especially foreign ones in LUXEMBOURG and GERMANY.
I signed a contract at the end of March 2015 for 6 months with Be2.
To start with, the site is utterly empty. No contact, absolutely none despite all the requests I made just to find out if there was a person behind the screen.
About fifteen days before the end of the so-called contract, I unsubscribe from the site since there is this unsubscription function.
I fill out the form and receive no confirmation, absolutely no response. I check my inbox, no message either.
I go back to the site and repeat the operation and I am told that my request has indeed been taken into account, so all is well and I am now unsubscribed.
You don't necessarily think that you'll get scammed by nice folks who act like real crooks!
At the end of September 2015, the same amount is deducted for 6 months. I notify my bank, which informs me that the only recourse will be to block the next payment, which is done.
As predictable, at the end of March 2016, this venerable company demands payment for the upcoming semester which they could not deduct from my account, for some reason!
During the 6 months, between September 2015 and the end of March 2016, as I was supposedly registered since the semester had been deducted, I received absolutely no message, no contact proposals, as if my unsubscription had been taken into account!?
In searching for information about this site, I realize that there are many of us who are victims of the same procedures by this company, at least in my case, that is true.
I have just received a polite email today from a collection agency.
I will not pay. I await a summons to my home to explain myself to these nice people.
I have some arguments, which I will not present here, to discuss with the representatives of this company.
Where I am angry is not just being trapped; it is that this has been going on for several years. There are countless independent websites on the internet praising this site which is just a lure.
This company operates on the law of numbers, meaning there is a market of nice folks, who like me, single and looking for a partner, do not suspect anything, sign up on their site, and get taken in turn; this is enough for them to live comfortably, I imagine, in a so-called tax haven!
We need to take action to file a complaint.
Does anyone have a tip on how to file a complaint against these people, to stop these actions, to ensure that others do not get scammed over and over again?
It has to stop.
I am open to all proposals and determined to act.
Just to finish. A few weeks after my registration in March 2015, I met a "wonderful" woman just around the corner from my house!
Write to me for any proposals
Thank you. -
Hello everyone, I'm expanding the club of those scammed by BE2. I too, out of sadness, signed up on this site thinking I would meet people my age. In the end, after three days, I realized there were a lot of fake profiles, and I believe this site is actually a gateway to exploit the weakness of some and extract money from them. The proof is that I am still within the withdrawal period since I subscribed three days ago, and I've received the same message saying that their legal service is sorry but cannot grant me a refund.
-
Hello everyone, well I also just joined the club of the scammed by BE
2, not only did I want to sign up for 1 month and they charged me for 1 year!!! and now, they just charged me again for 1 year 239.40 euros... this is a scam, I'm looking for the Terms and Conditions and I'm thinking of getting a lawyer!
If someone could give me advice regarding this gang of thieves, I would be grateful... I needed this money, and I haven’t logged in for at least 10 months, never got any messages, never anything... I don't know my username or my password....
I AM FURIOUS!!!!
-
- 1
- 2
- 3
Next