Be2!!
Solved/Closed
Hello,
I too had the misfortune of signing up on the be2 site, I paid 179.40 for 6 months, but I deleted my profile after a few days!! When you send an email to the customer service of the site to ask for the steps to cancel the contract, they send you a message that has nothing to do with your request and I also received a message in German!! As a result, my contract was supposed to end at the end of February but in the meantime I changed banks so they couldn't withdraw from my account, and two days ago I received a letter from a bailiff "Notice of Default to Pay" to be paid within 72 hours or I risk having my assets seized. The truth is I have hardly ever used this site and they haven’t sent me messages to discover new profiles for a long time!
On the invoice they sent me it clearly states that the duration is 6 months, and nowhere is it mentioned that it is an automatic renewal! Furthermore, I received the letter at the end of May while the contract deadline is at the end of February. The bailiff's letter was not sent by registered mail!
I admit I don’t really know what to do, but in any case, it’s a true dialogue of the deaf! As some have mentioned in this discussion, I have never seen a fax number.
Any responses that could help me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
I too had the misfortune of signing up on the be2 site, I paid 179.40 for 6 months, but I deleted my profile after a few days!! When you send an email to the customer service of the site to ask for the steps to cancel the contract, they send you a message that has nothing to do with your request and I also received a message in German!! As a result, my contract was supposed to end at the end of February but in the meantime I changed banks so they couldn't withdraw from my account, and two days ago I received a letter from a bailiff "Notice of Default to Pay" to be paid within 72 hours or I risk having my assets seized. The truth is I have hardly ever used this site and they haven’t sent me messages to discover new profiles for a long time!
On the invoice they sent me it clearly states that the duration is 6 months, and nowhere is it mentioned that it is an automatic renewal! Furthermore, I received the letter at the end of May while the contract deadline is at the end of February. The bailiff's letter was not sent by registered mail!
I admit I don’t really know what to do, but in any case, it’s a true dialogue of the deaf! As some have mentioned in this discussion, I have never seen a fax number.
Any responses that could help me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
59 answers
-
Sab,
I am in the same situation as you, and I find it just as difficult to get rid of this site.
But I think there is a radical way to leave it, since it gives us no chance to do so...
It's not very nice or elegant for the members, I know, but it could ruin the atmosphere of Be2.fr.
Have you considered throwing out a free insult? The other members are not to blame, so I apologize for that.
Don't forget that your posted message goes through a Webmaster before being sent to the concerned member, so it's filtered. Your so-called "insult" won’t make it through, of course, and you'll receive a warning. This Webo doesn't know your true intentions and, over time, will get tired of you...
I rarely go on this site, so I don't know if a CHAT exists. Because if it does, just insult the member right in front of you. It will be LIVE!!! There, no Webo to filter. The poor member isn’t to blame, and it will ultimately fall back on you if this kind of incident happens often.
My method is really radical. But it has worked before. It's sad to have to go this route, especially if it means insulting innocent people who only want to get to know you. But at least it will save you from being drained of your money against your will...
Think it over carefully...-
It is stated in their regulations that they must send an email before the new payment to notify and allow time for cancellation if you do not want to continue "the be2 adventure". An email that I personally did not receive!! I therefore sent a registered letter:
"Dear Sir/Madam,
I hereby acknowledge receipt of your email requesting payment for the renewal of my subscription to your Premium offer for 6 months – from 03/12/2017 to 03/06/2018.
As stated in your general terms of use, I quote:
“the user is informed by Be2 by email at least one month before the end of the current period, of the possibility not to renew the contract” (paragraph 8.2 Renewal of the contract), however, I did not receive mention of this email one month before, which would have been on 03/11/2017.
This is therefore a failure on your part, which cancels our contract.
I quote: “13.4. The fact that either party does not assert a breach by the other party of any of the obligations referred to in the T&Cs shall not be interpreted as a waiver of the obligation in question.” (paragraph 13 Miscellaneous)
I therefore request the cancellation of my Premium subscription and the deletion of my account.
Yours sincerely,"
I received an email a week later saying that they were terminating my subscription!
Sorry for the delay, and I hope this will help you nonetheless!!
-
-
I think that just like me, you've been fooled. What I advise you is to send a registered letter to cancel your subscription, something I didn’t do since I'm not solvent and on top of that, I’m living in a furnished place. I just received a formal notice, I’m waiting because unfortunately for them, I don’t have a euro in my account.
In the middle of the lockdown, I’m not going to sell myself to pay them for a service I never received. Furthermore, they enroll you in a one-year subscription, and if you meet someone before the end of the subscription, what are you paying for? -
Hello Moka,
As for me, I’ve blocked my Visa card... but they send me emails every day from a law firm... I suppose... I’m not letting it get to me because they are scammers... they are also demanding payment for a subscription I canceled in 2018, but they didn’t take that into account and the automatic payment started without any reminder...
Do you have their postal address so that I can send them a registered letter like you did, thank you.
Fab -
I did not sign up for this site, I didn't even know it. And yet they charged me €147, I can't get a refund and I can't even reach them by phone. I don't know what to do anymore.
-
Good evening, I just got scammed myself through the singles50 site, linked to be2 S...
What to do if the registered letter doesn't work? -
Hello, I just had the same experience, a charge of 179.70 euros for 6 months premium, while the enticing amount was under 30 euros...
Singles50 site, linked to be2...
What steps should I take to prevent another potential charge and to request a refund or dispute the payment made on 15/12...?
Thank you. -
Good evening, if I understand correctly you did not follow up on their reminders and therefore did not pay anything. ***@***
I will do the same, thank you. -
Did you send a registered letter? Otherwise, it has no value and they can tell you no!
-
I was thinking of filing a complaint with the police too, but they wrote in my email that filing a complaint with the police will not stop the ongoing recovery procedure. This just shows how honest this site is...
-
It doesn't work anymore, I tried pointing out this shortcoming in the conditions, they don't deny it, they told me it wasn't valid for Belgium and provided a link to the general conditions of a perfect gentleman, another dating site where I've never registered, they're telling me to pay my debt of 200 euros, those bastards at 2be2.
-
BE2 S.A.R.L. they are thieves!!!
Impossible to deactivate the account. They withdrew €101.40 from my account in May 2019 when I canceled my request in November 2018. -
Hello, I read your comment, I also had the same thing happen to me, so what did you do to solve the problem?
-
Hello. I am also a victim of these scammers. They have already charged me twice 419 Swiss francs. In total, 840 CHF. I rarely use this card, so I didn't even notice the charge. I also thought I would take a short trial period on this site, and the result - they renewed the subscription without warning. I quickly closed my account on BE2 after a month of use because there were only fake profiles.
My bank told me that they can do nothing because these subscriptions are legitimate.
I would also like to file a complaint and go to the police. -
Hello, I haven't had any problems with them for many months. I didn't give in to their blackmail and as soon as I received an email, I marked it as spam. A site to avoid. Have a good day.
-
We also have a problem with them when signing up a friend. Just be aware, in the terms and conditions, it clearly states that the subscription renewal is automatic unless you cancel it. The only way to cancel your subscription is to send a registered letter to their address in Luxembourg. It must be received 14 days before the end of your subscription.
-
Hello. I wasn't notified either about the renewal of my subscription. In the meantime, I had to change my credit card. They are asking me to pay via PayPal or bank transfer. So, I sent a cancellation request by email. Should I wait and send a written request to headquarters? Should I expect complications? Thank you in advance for your reply.
-
Hello, I was scammed by BE2 too; they couldn't charge me because I changed my credit card in the meantime. The collection agency INTRUM is chasing me, I don't respond and put all the emails in the spam folder. I contacted the DGCCRF in Nantes, which directed me to DIRECCTE of the Pays de la Loire, but they replied that the DGCCRF is limited to the national territory only. They gave me the address of the European Consumer Centre at Bahnhof Plot 7764 KEHL Germany. I sent them a letter on October 1st with all the documents, and there's been no response. I've followed up several times by email—nothing: service ***@***. In my opinion, it’s best not to pay and to play dead because no one cares about these scammers; it’s up to us to manage. I wish you good luck.
-
I wanted to talk about their contract.
-
According to me, we shouldn't pay. It seems that the terms and conditions are not the same depending on the country, and it would be interesting to compare them and to inquire about the jurisdiction of the courts in the various countries where we reside if the business is registered in Luxembourg.
-
No, not everything is rotten, but we must continue to fight; above all, we need international legislation to protect consumers who shop online. Too often, we don't even know where the business is registered.
- 1
- 2
- 3
Next