10-year-old SIM card: consequences???
Hello,
I am increasingly having trouble getting a signal with my mobile phone (which is 2 or 3 years old). My provider told me that it might be because my SIM card is 10 years old. I thought it could cause other problems, but not at that level. What do you think? I know I can get it changed for free, but if it's not useful, I'd prefer to avoid it since it either requires a long trip to the agency or several days without a phone. Thank you for your help.
I am increasingly having trouble getting a signal with my mobile phone (which is 2 or 3 years old). My provider told me that it might be because my SIM card is 10 years old. I thought it could cause other problems, but not at that level. What do you think? I know I can get it changed for free, but if it's not useful, I'd prefer to avoid it since it either requires a long trip to the agency or several days without a phone. Thank you for your help.
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0
2 answers
-
If you request a renewal of your SIM card due to its age (it's actually strange that your operator doesn't suggest it to you by themselves), they will send it back to you by mail, you register your entire contact list on the phone, you change your SIM card and transfer your entire contact list back to the SIM card, and that's it...
It takes 5 minutes at most.-
Thank you for the advice: it helps me understand that since I have all my contacts on the phone (and not on the SIM card), I should recover everything quickly. My operator probably didn't offer me to change my old card because I use prepaid. But I mainly wanted to change it to improve reception, and now it will force me to stay several days without a phone since they cut me off as soon as they send the new card.
-
@solpaualeA SIM card renewal due to malfunction normally takes place without service interruption, so your line will not be suspended since you will have to activate it yourself...
-
@bdoThere is an interruption in that my line is cut as soon as the new card is sent. So then everything depends on the postal delay (and since I live in the Tarnaise bush ...!!!) this is to prevent having two identical SIM cards in use.
-
@solpaualewhich operator are you with for your line to be suspended for a new sim (except in case of loss or theft)????
the card they will send you is not in service, so it cannot be used without activation from customer service...so, in the meantime, your old sim remains in service, you activate the new one upon receipt, and the old one is deactivated (as you said, by default, 2 sim cards cannot work at the same time) -
@bdoWell... thank you. It's Orange that replied to me, specifying that if I made my request on Friday, July 11, according to postal delays, I risked being without a phone until the following Wednesday due to the July 14 holiday. I wasn't expecting that at all, and I feel forced to wait a week when I'm sure I won't need my phone (difficult... very difficult).
I might be silly (!!!) and ask my question to another person. I am lucky to get a different answer.
-