Error code 39
Solved
Hello everyone,
after installing a new DVD burner, and a bad manipulation (driver deletion), I have an error code 39 (Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. This driver may be damaged or missing. (Code 39)
Do I need to reinstall XP, because the ones I downloaded from the DVD do not work? The problem is I don't have XP, it was already installed and anyway I can't use my drive, same error.
Thank you in advance for your help
Happy holidays
after installing a new DVD burner, and a bad manipulation (driver deletion), I have an error code 39 (Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. This driver may be damaged or missing. (Code 39)
Do I need to reinstall XP, because the ones I downloaded from the DVD do not work? The problem is I don't have XP, it was already installed and anyway I can't use my drive, same error.
Thank you in advance for your help
Happy holidays
158 answers
-
Sure! Here is the procedure, I did it yesterday and magically found my CD reader and burner again, it's actually a bug in CD Creator that adds files...
You can start by backing up your registry just in case your problem isn't resolved (I didn't do it but oh well):
Start
Run
type "regedit"
Ok
File
Export
File name: registry_copy
at the bottom: Export range click on "All"
Close the registry
Open the registry
Start
Run
type "regedit"
Ok
Completely delete the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values from the following Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Restart the computer.
There you go.
Bye-
-
Hello Frédérick,
I spent nearly a week trying to understand how my Windows XP could have corrupted the supposed drivers of my burner and CD drive without success. Until I found this website on the internet with your registry manipulation. After reading the responses from others who also succeeded by following your procedure, I decided to proceed in the same way. After rebooting my computer, as if by magic, my drives reappeared in My Computer. I ran some tests, and everything is working great. A huge thank you for your valuable help.
Daniel. -
-
-
-
-
Oh miracle ! :-)
I had the same error code for an imaging device (scanner) and I found the registry key named imaging device... deleted the value and HURRAY !!!
I was really at my wit's end with this problem that wasted so much of my time :-) -
Hello
I have the same Code 39 issue regarding USB keys. I tried the procedure indicated by bondin777, but I don’t have a lowerfilter or an upperfilter. What should I do?
Thank you for your responses. -
It works 100/100, thank you.
-
Hi
when I arrive in 4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318, I have 00000 and properties and I can't find Upperfilters and Lowerfilters. What should I do? -
Good evening and thank you for this tip that solved my problem 100%. If you don't want to stress for hours like I did.
A BIG THANK YOU. -
Thank you for your help; and on top of that, it's worth celebrating, it's the first time I've dared to
enter The Register to touch something. -
since 2003 even today it works so well !!!! thank you fred !! I got my dvd player back..! thank you thank you
-
I also had this problem but with iTunes when downloading podcasts.
I followed your method: it works. Thank you very much. -
Thank you for the little program (if we can call it a program, of course) from Mickaël!!
I had this issue 10 minutes ago, I was losing it, I typed: "windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. This driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39)" into Google and I found this tip!!
Thank you, sincerely.
PS: I'm on Se7en ultimate and it works perfectly on it!! -
Thank you for your advice, MICKAËL.
-
up..
-
I did what you told me and I still have the code 39.
-
connect your mp3
then find your mp3 in the device manager, right-click on it and select "uninstall," disconnect your mp3 and restart your pc.
and see how that works for your player. -
I don't know how to uninstall the drivers actually =/
And I prefer not to restore, I've already done a lot of things since this bug, it would annoy me to start over.. -
Have you uninstalled the drivers for your MP3 player?
Have you attempted a system restore?
Click start / all programs / accessories / system tools / system restore. -
I'm on XP.
Actually, I installed my MP3 normally by putting in the CD and everything, and it installed itself.
One day my MP3 stopped working, so I went to the device manager and there I saw a warning sign, or I saw that I needed to do some updates... and since then I've had a lot of problems, codes, etc. -
You said, "I think I'm bringing my mp3 with my tower to the store."
Did you install drivers for your mp3?
If so, is it since installing those that you've had this problem?
Have you tried uninstalling the drivers for your mp3?
You can also try a system restore to a date before your problem.
PS: Are you on XP, Vista, or something else? -
Well, now I'm in code 18, so it's a bit off-topic, but for once someone is responding to me...
The assistant can't find a better software than the one that's installed >< -
Have you tried this:
Save this file to the desktop: http://docxp.mvps.org/b1n/DisparitionCD.inf
Then go back to the desktop right-click on the file and select "Install" and restart your PC.
- 1
- 2
- 3
- 4
- 5
- 6
- 7
- 8
Next