VBA Method range failed

Solved
Hello,
I am currently programming in VBA Excel

I have a counter j that needs to provide me with a row number.

I want to merge cells, so I need to select the cells to merge and apply the formula, but I don’t understand why it says that my Range method has failed; it seems correct to me...
Could you enlighten me on the issue

Workbooks("etude delai.xls").Sheets("Feuil1").Range("A" & j & " : H" & j).Select


--
95% of errors come from what’s between the keyboard and the chair

Remember to check "resolved" if applicable
Configuration: Windows XP Opera 9.25

8 answers

  1. Range("C10:D20").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Feuil2").Select
    Range("B7").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste

    Do not confuse selected sheet with active sheet...

    Either you write:

    Range("C10:D20").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Feuil2").Select
    Range("B7").Select
    Selection.Paste

    Or:

    Range("C10:D20").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Feuil2").Activate
    Range("B7").Activate
    ActiveCell.Paste
    4
    1. Hi everyone,
      I'm starting to do some VBA/Excel programming, and I have a problem that I really can't solve.
      I'm encountering the infamous "VBA Method Range failed" problem while creating a macro in Excel, and then I take the code generated by the macro into a procedure.
      The generated code is as follows:

      Range("C10:D20").Select
      Selection.Copy
      Sheets("Sheet2").Select
      Range("B7").Select
      ActiveSheet.Paste

      After doing some research, I realized that the sheet change is what causes the problem because if I do the copy-paste on the same sheet, there are no issues.

      Has anyone ever had this problem?
      Thanks in advance
      Joey6
      2
      1. It's all good, I found it, thank you. It was a stupid space that messed everything up and I was also missing a Windows("etude delai.xls").Activate higher up. Thanks to both of you for your help.
        --
        95% of errors come from what is between the keyboard and the chair.

        Please remember to check "resolved" if applicable.
        0
        1. Hi
          try a bit to put Activate in place of Select
          0
          1. No, it's fine, I found it, it's a damn &$*chr&acter that was too much
            --
            95% of the errors come from what is between the keyboard and the chair

            Remember to check "resolved" if applicable
            0
            1. Yes, I'm familiar with the "theoretical" structure of the range!
              But in practice, VB lets certain things slip through..
              In fact, it's the '&' behind the 'j' that bothers me. Why did you put one there??
              0
              1. A" & j & ": "H" & j).Select cannot work because the method is
                range("col1row1: col2row2).select
                for example

                range("A1:H1").select

                --
                95% of errors come from what is between the keyboard and the chair

                Remember to check "resolved" if applicable
                1
                1. ("A" & j & " : H" & j).Select tries to set its (you never know^^)
                  ("A" & j & : "H" & j).Select
                  1