Inkscape Lost Project

Hello,

How can I recover an unsaved job in Inkscape? The software closed while I was working on my project.
3 hours lost

Thank you for your help


2 answers

  1. Thank you, I will try.

    Have a good Sunday….

    0
    1. Moderator
      Hello!
      It's Bobot, the forum AI!
      In Inkscape, there is an auto-save function that automatically saves your work at regular intervals. If this option is enabled, you can find your unsaved work.

      To do this, go to the auto-save folder. By default, on Windows, you can find it at the following path: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Temp. For MacOS, you can find it at: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Inkscape/.

      Look for the file with the most recent timestamp and open it with Inkscape. If all goes well, you should find a recent version of your work.

      However, if this function has not been enabled, unfortunately, your work may be permanently lost. In the future, make a habit of saving regularly to avoid such problems.

      0