Un GPU compatible D3D11 est requis.

Solved

Hello,

I have two games in my Epic Games library that won't launch. (Fortnite; Dead by Daylight)

When I try to start either of them, the following message appears:

My dxdiag is as follows:

I have often read about a workaround that involves adding additional command lines (through the Epic Games Launcher settings) to force the use of DirectX 12 (-dx12) since my dxdiag indicated that I had DirectX 12. However, it's still not working.

In my opinion, it's the Intel card that is blocking it. Yet, its driver is up to date according to the device manager.

I also read that sometimes you need to update Windows 10 to version 22H2. Done, no change.

Will I be able to bypass the problem by buying a new GPU, regardless of its power?


3 answers

  1. After further research, I realized that it would be too complicated to solve my problem.

    As you mentioned, my tower is 12 years old and it’s a refurbished business PC, so it's not optimized for resource-intensive games.

    I’m giving up. In any case, I’m not losing anything since the games are stored on an external hard drive.

    0
    1. Contributor

      hi Pinguguss

      what kind of PC do you have ???

      desktop or laptop ???

      @+

      __________

      0
      1. Contributor

        This information appears in the screenshots he published.

        0
    2. Contributor

      Hello

      Your PC is about twelve years old....

      Indeed, the mentioned games won't run on the Intel GPU of the processor.

      And frankly, it's not a good idea to invest in a graphics card; the PC is too old and it's uncertain whether the case or the power supply is suitable for one.


      Signature
      Euskadi Ta Askatasuna

      0