Message Deletion Confirmation

Hello,
I installed the latest version of Thunderbird, 78.04.1, on my Huawei Notebook D14.
I am encountering a problem: in the Trash, when deleting messages, the confirmation window for deleting messages no longer appears, so when I click on delete, the message disappears. This means there is no more security if I accidentally put a message in the Trash.
I hope to get some assistance with this issue.
Best regards.

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 86.0.4240.183

6 answers

  1. Hello Dubcek.
    Thank you for your help and the way you explained to me how to do the procedure.
    As a result, by following your instructions, it now works.
    I was on flash instead of true.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Have a good day.
    Best regards.
    0
    1. Contributor
      Thank you for your help and the way you explained to me how to do the manipulation.
      It's SerBal22 who detailed the access to the Configuration Editor.
      You can mark your topic as resolved by editing the first message.
      0
  2. Hello @piechar,

    In images:




    0
    1. Hello Dubce
      First of all, thank you for your help.
      Since I am not a pro in computing.
      I go to the lines in the top left, I go to tools, but I can't find configuration editor.
      If you don't mind, could you please give me the exact steps to follow so I can get there?
      Thank you in advance.
      My apologies for these in-depth requests
      Best regards to you
      0
      1. Contributor
        hello
        in Tools -> Options -> General -> Configuration Editor (at the bottom)
        search for
        mail.warn_on_delete_from_trash
        set it to True
        0
        1. Hello zipe 31.
          First of all, thank you for your help.
          I checked my laptop, in the server settings, and the configuration is indeed the same as what you recommended.
          Everything is checked.
          In the "Recycle Bin" section, my Orange email address appears.
          However, if I click on "Recycle Bin," I can select "Incoming Mail."
          According to your explanation, I think I should stay with my Orange email address since my service provider is Orange.
          Following the setup I followed based on your information, the request to delete messages still doesn't work.
          Thanks again for your intervention.
          Best regards.
          0
          1. Contributor
            Hi,

            Check how message deletion is configured in the account settings:



            --
            _______________________________ ☯ Zen my nuggets ☮ _____________________________
            Make an effort for the environment, close your windows and adopt a penguin… ????
            0