Problem with numericable decoder

Hello,
I just disappointed the new decoder from NUMERiCABLE, which was installed by an employee of Numericble
Since:
impossible to record!
The channels (historical?) and digital channels appear well on the screen, but cannot be recorded on my DVD recorder (a Pioneer)
Does anyone have an idea on the question ... and any solutions?
thanks in advance
Olivier
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

29 answers

  1. Hello, I AM THE DECODER THAT REMAINS ON STANDBY. THE LED IS RED. WITH THE REMOTE CONTROL I STILL CANNOT TURN ON THE NUMERICABLE DECODER. YET THE BATTERIES ARE GOOD AND YESTERDAY I TURNED IT OFF NORMALLY AS USUAL. TODAY IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO POWER THE DECODER BACK ON??? DO YOU KNOW THIS PROBLEM? THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS. CYN
    124
    1. same problem with a Panasonic recorder, do you have the solution? ^^ thanks!
      0
      1. Hello, I just changed my digital TV terminal (Numericable) to model n°2 CableBox Pace DCR3111 (Phillip S9E). It is impossible to record digital channels (auxiliary) via my LG VCR (DVD PLAYER/VCR MODEL: V280N-SZ). On the other hand, I can only record in analog. I would like to know if there is a solution to my problem. Thanks in advance, Stéphane.
        2
        1. According to the hotline, it's not possible. They want to have their HD box memory (with the hard drive) purchased.
          0
      2. Hello, is there anyone among you who could send me the table of codes to find all Numericable channels?

        thank you.
        5
        1. Thank you Nice06 the procedure is exact and works apparently (for info the input cable => in, it is black, and it must be unplugged). thanks to you it saves us those famous 50 euros :D
          0
          1. Hello everyone
            I’ve had the same problem since tonight. Everything was working fine until I moved the modem and the set-top box to install a new PC. Anyway.
            Since then, it’s impossible to get the green light.... I’ve tried everything:
            - unplug the power, then plug it back in while pressing 'up' and 'down' at the same time for 10 seconds
            - unplug the black cable, then plug it back in while pressing 'up' and 'down' at the same time for 10 seconds
            each time the red LED goes out and then comes back on after 10-15 seconds, then repeats this cycle.
            I spent the evening on forums, including one that suggests resetting the decoder (same procedure except you should only press 'down'). same, no result...

            any other solution I haven’t tested???

            thanks in advance!
            0
        2. Hello

          Back to the original topic, here’s how NC told me to do it by phone, which allowed me to solve this problem (Philips decoder DCR1201/19):

          You need to reinstall the decoder with the installation parameters provided by NC during your first installation:

          1) "Find the green light"

          - Card inside the decoder.
          - Unplug the decoder.
          - While still holding the up and down buttons (front of the decoder), plug the decoder back in and release the buttons after 10 seconds.
          - After a minute, the decoder lights up (green light) but no channel is available ("1 no channel").
          - If that’s not the case, unplug again for 10 seconds (without pressing any button) and plug back in - wait for the green light.

          2) From there, you need to redo the reinstall:

          - On the remote, press MENU
          - then decoder settings
          - then installation
          - then enter the following fields (note, if you don’t have the information below, don’t change them and call NC to have them provided)

          Frequency: _ _ _ _ _ _ <--- 6 digits provided during the very first installation (see user manual for your region) or by NC by phone

          Network: _ _ _ _ _ <--- 6 digits provided during the very first installation (see user manual for your region) or by NC by phone

          - Then OK
          - Wait for the procedure to finish (about 15s)
          - Press QUIT.

          There you go.

          For me it worked, including Canal Plus.

          Hope that helps.

          See you.
          0
          1. Hello Kub,
            I followed your manipulations to the letter. I have a Phillips DCR3111/19 decoder, but well the “up” and “down” buttons on mine are “ch+” and “ch-”, that is to say the same thing.
            And well... I still can’t record cable channels. On the screen there’s an ugly message that says: "recording impossible, protection against copying". !!!! A bit like I’m trying to burn a DVD from a commercially purchased original. So no digital recording possible.
            I tried my luck with a good old VHS cassette, on a good old VCR. No problem, I record all channels!! Normal, since the recording format isn’t the same, and a VCR doesn’t detect protections. It takes us back to the Stone Age!
            A call to NC, response: the problem comes from my recorder!!! Very funny response, especially knowing full well that for any brand of digital recorder copying is impossible.
            So, you, you say that everything works, can you confirm that you record in digital? If yes, you’ll be the only one, because on all the forums the poor NC subscribers cannot record their favorite programs. Maybe you have a special recorder, or you record directly to your PC with software that cracks protections.
            Honestly, can you help me by giving me your answer.
            Thanks in advance to you, Kub.
            Ramina
            0
        3. Hello!! they’re asking me for the Reseau code I’m in Montpellier
          1
          1. Hello
            Same here!
            I received their new decoder for fiber optic and since then it’s impossible to record cable channels!
            The AUX or L1 on the VCR and/or DVD player/external hard drive is no longer recognized!
            I can only record the terrestrial channels!
            It’s unbelievable!!
            I called the customer service (abysmal, deplorable and I don’t give a damn) and on the second time they told me that it was
            normal.. I was shocked... so I said “but if I can’t record.. I’m no longer interested in being a subscriber”.... they coldly replied
            “it's your choice !!” !!
            I can’t believe that a operator would prevent its customers from recording the channels for which they pay a subscription?!! That would be a revolution in stupidity ?!!
            If anyone can enlighten me!
            Otherwise I’ll leave Numericable and go to Orange !!
            Thank you
            Patrice
            0
            1. I had exactly the same problem, after the so-called mandatory change of the decoder. Having wired as indicated in the “super” Numericable manual, I figured it was my recorder, so I called Numericable’s technical service. Technician visit, call to Numericable’s phone service, in short 40 euros for... NOTHING. I’m stubborn, so I tried another wiring. Here it is: SCART (péritel) from the decoder “VHS” to SCART 2 (the one that could correspond to a possible decoder) of the recorder, i.e. AV2, then SCART 1 of the recorder (AV1) to SCART 1 of the TV. So, in this setup, the Numericable decoder isn’t directly connected to the TV, and as a result the TV’s “television” SCART socket is left unconnected. With this system: I can record cable channels without issue, even C+, by setting the recorder to channel AV2; I can watch terrestrial channels via the TV remote. It’s a good start! Because I can’t do the reverse!!! Incredible!! Note: you can record terrestrial channels by tuning to 1, 2 or 3, 6, etc... and watch the cable channels!! I’ve TRIED EVERYTHING, the TV/VCR remote’s button does nothing, the TV set on AV1 shows the channel I’m recording!! Which is quite normal since the AV1 SCART on the TV is directly connected to the recorder, but normally by pressing the TV/VIDEO button on the recorder’s remote I should switch to the decoder (as the manual says!). You’ll say: only record the cable channels! And watch the terrestrial channels on the TV!!!! Ok! But still!!! There is a HUGE problem with Numericable. Especially since I wanted to buy a new recorder with a bigger hard drive on Fnac, but when I read consumer reviews it turns out that they all, with any brand, have a recording problem with Numericable. If anyone has an answer so I can record terrestrial channels and watch a cable channel, I’d be sincerely grateful in advance!
              0
          2. Hello,
            Is a special Numericable decoder required to receive TNT channels only, or is an activation at the line level also needed?
            If only the decoder is needed, is a special decoder required?
            0
            1. I have a similar problem... My mom just switched to digital cable via Numéricable and, following the wiring described in the installation manual, there’s a little issue. We can watch a DVD or a VCR tape, but we can't record.

              Here’s the recommended wiring from the manual:

              1. connect the cable coming in to the IN of the box (1 special cable)
              2. connect the box to the TV (1 RF lead)
              3. connect the TV to the VCR via the box (2 RF leads)
              4. connect the OUT of the box to the IN of the VCR (1 standard antenna cable)
              5. connect the OUT of the VCR to the IN of the TV (1 standard antenna cable)

              Basically, with this setup, by understanding this diagram, you would just need to set the box signal to a channel on the VCR, but I can’t get it to work (though we can still tune Numéricable channels in analogue, but they’re fewer and of poorer quality) ...

              I have the box on, I run an automatic channel search on the VCR but nothing...

              Do I need to do anything special?

              Thanks
              2
              1. Hello, can you be more precise about which cable (power, SCART/Peritel, numeric cable) needs to be unplugged, and you’re talking about the red button on the right side of the cover, right? Thanks for your help—I've been stuck for 2 days and my agency is out of stock of a decoder.
                5
                1. I have a network problem: the TV has never worked, no signal but the rest works very well (internet, phone). The technicians came twice and it’s still the same.
                  4
                  1. Hello, I currently have the same problem, what did you do?
                    0
                2. Thank you. I did as you said and it works perfectly. Thanks again.
                  3
                  1. Contributor
                    You record AV1 that corresponds to the decoder. But you also need the decoder to be on on the channel you want to record.
                    0
                    1. Hello.

                      I have a Philips DCR 1201/19 Numéricable decorder connected to a Daewoo SH 9540S VCR. I have connected all the cables without problems, the connections are good, and yet I can't record the digital channels. I program the AV1 channel to which the cable is connected and I only get black. Can someone help me please?
                      -1
                      1. yes it is a shame I am like you before I could record with the old Numericable decoder 2 different channel programs now impossible !!! in fact you have to leave this damn new Numericable decoder on the channel you want to record and just program your VCR !! that's all but you can no longer record a second program from a different channel in a row it's a shame we pay the same price and we have fewer options Thank you Mr SARKOZY .
                        0
                      2. yes it's a shame I am like you I could record with the old Numericable decoder 2 different channel programs now impossible !!! in fact you have to leave this fucking new Numericable decoder on the channel you want to record and just program your VCR !! that's all but you can no longer record a second program from a different channel in succession it's a shame we pay the same price and have fewer options Thank you Mr SARKOZY .
                        0
                      3. yes it is a shame i am like you before i could record with the old numericable decoder 2 different channel programs now impossible !!! in fact you have to leave this fucking new numericable decoder on the channel you want to record and just program your VCR !! that's all but you can no longer record a second program from a different channel in a row it is a shame we pay the same price and have fewer options Thank you mr SARKOZY .
                        0
                      4. yes it is a shame i am like you before i could record with the old numericable decoder 2 different channel programs now impossible !!! in fact you have to leave this goddamn new numericable decoder on the channel you want to record and just program your VCR !! that’s all but you can no longer record a second program from a different channel in a row it’s a shame we pay the same price and have fewer possibilities Thank you Mr SARKOZY .
                        0
                      5. yes it’s a shame I’m like you before I could record with the old Numericable decoder 2 different channel programs now impossible!!! in fact you have to leave this fucking new Numericable decoder on the channel you want to record and just program your VCR!! that’s all but you can no longer record a second program from a different channel in succession it’s a shame we pay the same price and we have fewer possibilities Thank you Mr SARKOZY.
                        0
                    2. Good evening
                      problems with the black Numericable remote for the TV
                      the power button/remote control doesn’t work anymore and I always have the network configuration screen
                      thanks for helping me
                      1
                      1. Good evening
                        problems with the Numericable black remote control for the TV
                        The power button (toce) is not working and I still have the network configuration screen
                        thank you for helping me
                        0
                        1. Thank you Nice06 but frankly 50 euros to fix a crappy installation imposed by them, it’s abusive! I’m livid!
                          9
                          1. I didn’t specify: thanks to Nice06 for the trick with the red button + unplugging!!!
                            6
                            • 1
                            • 2