Connecting 2 TVs to an Orange TV decoder
Solved/Closed
Hello,
I installed a decoder for the Orange TV, everything is working well.
But I would like to connect a second TV, which is located quite far from the Livebox.
How can I do this? Can I extend the Ethernet cable?
Thank you for your responsesConfiguration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0
I installed a decoder for the Orange TV, everything is working well.
But I would like to connect a second TV, which is located quite far from the Livebox.
How can I do this? Can I extend the Ethernet cable?
Thank you for your responsesConfiguration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0
8 answers
-
Hi,
the Ethernet cable goes from the Livebox to the decoder, and you connect to the TV from the decoder using a SCART cable, so how would extending the Ethernet cable allow you to receive anything? You would either need a second decoder, and I don't think that's currently planned by Orange, or a wireless transmitter to send the image from the SCART cable to another TV set.
But at that point, you'd have the same channel on both TVs.
--
Knowledge is only useful if shared!
Windows XP SP2 - Freebox V5 - NAS server-
-
@kiki1949So, information taken from orange.fr,
you need to subscribe to the multiposte option that allows you to receive a second decoder from Orange, then connect an Ethernet switch like this one for example to the live box, which will allow you to connect up to 5 Ethernet cables and then run an Ethernet cable to each decoder or replace this cable with CPL adapters like these to use the existing electrical network instead of running a cable through the house!
See you later
--
Knowledge is only useful if shared!
Windows XP SP2 - Freebox V5 - NAS server -
@Toufou13190A second decoder is sufficient in addition to the powerline adapters and the Ethernet cable.
-
-
@raph29Your Livebox has only 2 Ethernet ports, but since you have 1 PC and 2 Set-top boxes, that makes 3 Ethernet cables. If your powerline adapter accepts having two receiver units for one transmitter unit, you don’t need the switch. However, if they only work in pairs, you will need a switch to connect 3 cables to one port!
--
Knowledge is only useful if shared!
Windows XP SP2 - Freebox V5 - NAS Server
-