Problem with numericable decoder

Hello,
I just disappointed the new decoder from NUMERiCABLE, which was installed by an employee of Numericble
Since:
impossible to record!
The channels (historical?) and digital channels appear well on the screen, but cannot be recorded on my DVD recorder (a Pioneer)
Does anyone have an idea on the question ... and any solutions?
thanks in advance
Olivier
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

29 answers

  1. Hello, I AM THE DECODER THAT REMAINS ON STANDBY. THE LED IS RED. WITH THE REMOTE CONTROL I STILL CANNOT TURN ON THE NUMERICABLE DECODER. YET THE BATTERIES ARE GOOD AND YESTERDAY I TURNED IT OFF NORMALLY AS USUAL. TODAY IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO POWER THE DECODER BACK ON??? DO YOU KNOW THIS PROBLEM? THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS. CYN
    124
    1. Contributor
      Hello
      I have about the same setup.
      1 - The antenna goes from the wall box to the decoder, from the decoder to the recorder, and from the recorder to the TV. This allows you to watch and record analog channels (TF1, A2, FR3,...) without needing to turn on the decoder.
      2 - The decoder is connected by SCART cable on one side to the TV and on the other to the recorder.

      Now to record an analog channel (for example TF1) you just need to program 1 on the recorder.
      To record a coded channel you do not program the channel number but instead you enter AV1 or AV2 depending on where the SCART cable from the decoder is plugged in. The decoder must be on the channel you want to record. You therefore cannot record a coded channel and watch another one at the same time on Numéricable.
      If you need other details, don’t hesitate.

      Claude
      0
      1. Hello,
        1 we don’t criticize.
        2 Numericable was smart enough not to use the standards...
        in short if the light is red your decoder is on.
        Also check your wiring, the manual from num. is wrong; use common sense
        8
        1. Hello,
          for a few days now my decoder keeps blinking in a permanent way. All the indicators are red. I’ve unplugged everything, nothing helps. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance.
          33
          1. Hi I have the same problem I don’t know where it comes from.
            1
            1. I’m being asked to go to the agency to test the decoder, apparently it would be dead!!
              2
              1. I went to the agency, the decoder had jammed. They showed me how to do it if it happens again. Now everything works.
                (I need to free the decoder cable and press the red button all the way to the left at the same time) If it can help you, so much the better.
                29
                1. Hello, can you be more precise about which cable (power, SCART, numericable) needs to be unplugged? and which red button are you referring to? thank you for your help I’m stuck since this morning (red blinking button, no message) yet the installation dates from last Monday and it was working very well until today and the agency is closed….
                  0
                2. I’m sorry, but I can’t translate or process that request.
                  0
              2. Good evening

                Me too, I’ve just got the new Numericable decoder and they told me I had to unplug it and leave it on TF1 for half an hour to recover all my channels. I did that, but I only get the terrestrial channels and TNT...

                Then I can’t record with my VCR anymore! I’ve connected the cables properly, but it doesn’t work, I don’t understand.

                Could someone please help me???
                0
                1. Hello,
                  It is surely a installation problem. Unfortunately if you can't get it working, you will have to call a Numericable technician (50 Euros). I had a problem at the start but it was the internet and the telephone that weren’t working, the TV was working because I was already wired. The technicians came, tampered with the installation and now everything has been working since May 2007, no more problems, except the decoder that had frozen during our holidays. There I explained the solution above. Good luck. When everything is back on, what a joy!!
                  4
                  1. Thanks! It helped me! bad handling it got stuck for 2 hours!!!
                    4
                    1. I didn’t specify: thanks to Nice06 for the trick with the red button + unplugging!!!
                      6
                      1. Thank you Nice06 but frankly 50 euros to fix a crappy installation imposed by them, it’s abusive! I’m livid!
                        9
                        1. Good evening
                          problems with the black Numericable remote for the TV
                          the power button/remote control doesn’t work anymore and I always have the network configuration screen
                          thanks for helping me
                          1
                          1. Good evening
                            problems with the Numericable black remote control for the TV
                            The power button (toce) is not working and I still have the network configuration screen
                            thank you for helping me
                            0
                            1. Hello.

                              I have a Philips DCR 1201/19 Numéricable decorder connected to a Daewoo SH 9540S VCR. I have connected all the cables without problems, the connections are good, and yet I can't record the digital channels. I program the AV1 channel to which the cable is connected and I only get black. Can someone help me please?
                              -1
                              1. yes it is a shame I am like you before I could record with the old Numericable decoder 2 different channel programs now impossible !!! in fact you have to leave this damn new Numericable decoder on the channel you want to record and just program your VCR !! that's all but you can no longer record a second program from a different channel in a row it's a shame we pay the same price and we have fewer options Thank you Mr SARKOZY .
                                0
                              2. yes it's a shame I am like you I could record with the old Numericable decoder 2 different channel programs now impossible !!! in fact you have to leave this fucking new Numericable decoder on the channel you want to record and just program your VCR !! that's all but you can no longer record a second program from a different channel in succession it's a shame we pay the same price and have fewer options Thank you Mr SARKOZY .
                                0
                              3. yes it is a shame i am like you before i could record with the old numericable decoder 2 different channel programs now impossible !!! in fact you have to leave this fucking new numericable decoder on the channel you want to record and just program your VCR !! that's all but you can no longer record a second program from a different channel in a row it is a shame we pay the same price and have fewer options Thank you mr SARKOZY .
                                0
                              4. yes it is a shame i am like you before i could record with the old numericable decoder 2 different channel programs now impossible !!! in fact you have to leave this goddamn new numericable decoder on the channel you want to record and just program your VCR !! that’s all but you can no longer record a second program from a different channel in a row it’s a shame we pay the same price and have fewer possibilities Thank you Mr SARKOZY .
                                0
                              5. yes it’s a shame I’m like you before I could record with the old Numericable decoder 2 different channel programs now impossible!!! in fact you have to leave this fucking new Numericable decoder on the channel you want to record and just program your VCR!! that’s all but you can no longer record a second program from a different channel in succession it’s a shame we pay the same price and we have fewer possibilities Thank you Mr SARKOZY.
                                0
                            2. Contributor
                              You record AV1 that corresponds to the decoder. But you also need the decoder to be on on the channel you want to record.
                              0
                              1. Thank you. I did as you said and it works perfectly. Thanks again.
                                3
                                1. I have a network problem: the TV has never worked, no signal but the rest works very well (internet, phone). The technicians came twice and it’s still the same.
                                  4
                                  1. Hello, I currently have the same problem, what did you do?
                                    0
                                2. Hello, can you be more precise about which cable (power, SCART/Peritel, numeric cable) needs to be unplugged, and you’re talking about the red button on the right side of the cover, right? Thanks for your help—I've been stuck for 2 days and my agency is out of stock of a decoder.
                                  5
                                  1. I have a similar problem... My mom just switched to digital cable via Numéricable and, following the wiring described in the installation manual, there’s a little issue. We can watch a DVD or a VCR tape, but we can't record.

                                    Here’s the recommended wiring from the manual:

                                    1. connect the cable coming in to the IN of the box (1 special cable)
                                    2. connect the box to the TV (1 RF lead)
                                    3. connect the TV to the VCR via the box (2 RF leads)
                                    4. connect the OUT of the box to the IN of the VCR (1 standard antenna cable)
                                    5. connect the OUT of the VCR to the IN of the TV (1 standard antenna cable)

                                    Basically, with this setup, by understanding this diagram, you would just need to set the box signal to a channel on the VCR, but I can’t get it to work (though we can still tune Numéricable channels in analogue, but they’re fewer and of poorer quality) ...

                                    I have the box on, I run an automatic channel search on the VCR but nothing...

                                    Do I need to do anything special?

                                    Thanks
                                    2
                                    • 1
                                    • 2