Soldered RAM, capacity upgrade?

Solved
Good evening everyone.

I have an ASUS with an I5 7300HQ 2.5GHz, 8GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 graphics card. After checking, my RAM is soldered. I only have one slot, which is therefore occupied by this RAM. As a result, I wanted to know if I can modify and increase the RAM capacity on this PC?

Thank you

Best regards

8 answers

  1. Contributor
    Asus GL502VMZ
    exactly, it's an Asus ROG GL502VMZ???

    I found information that the GL502Vxx model series has only one RAM slot => what you mentioned in your initial post
    https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL502VM/specifications/

    and that the RAM is soldered => so it's normal that you don't see the RAM with CPU-Z
    in the BIOS, yes

    conclusion = you can't do anything
    just make do with the RAM you have
    --
    no link on the webpage in English, I'm already stealing enough on my own
    6
    1. So why does Asus say that I can upgrade the RAM? It's a bit of a scam to say that you can upgrade the RAM, but in the end, you can't because everything is soldered?
      -1
    2. Contributor
      There are series with 8 GB and others with 16 GB
      I think it must depend on whether it’s an i5 or an i7.
      -1
    3. It is still misleading to sell a product by saying that certain modifications, particularly the RAM upgrade, can be made on such and such a product, when in reality this is not the case at all....
      7
    4. Moderator
      Good evening, Old Bison
      In the specs of your link, there is


      We've been going in circles for quite some time now... this PC can certainly accommodate an additional 8GB to go from 8 to 16 (24 is a different story).

      Now, to find out if there is actually an empty slot, it is not that difficult to open the lid and check.
      Here’s a video for a GL502VT that, in French, shows how to proceed
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtC1HnRCVq8&lc=z12bypaymufdvzpuj23qjn4rarnbh5e3v
      0
    5. Hi baladur13, there's no link for your video, I'd be interested...
      0