Resetting Terra computer

Hello,

I have a Terra Mobile 1548 laptop that I bought two and a half years ago with Windows 7. I'm looking to reset it as it has become quite slow.
However, I didn't make a backup at the beginning, so I would like to reconfigure the PC to factory settings.
After much searching on the internet, I can't find a solution that works or any documentation indicating how to do it.

Indeed, I have tried a few methods, including:
- Checking the BOOT menu (accessible via F7 during startup); since I don't have the reset sequence, I can't do anything.
- Checking directly from the computer, but the last backup was made 5 days ago, which ultimately wouldn't change much.

Do you know how to restore it to its default settings?

Thank you in advance.

7 answers

  1. He is slow when you do what?
    Ccleaner, do you also do the registry?
    Is your Ccleaner version 5.....?
    Try this: start, run, MSCONFIG, startup: there, uncheck EVERYTHING EXCEPT your antivirus and "apply", then restart... and let me know.

    Which OS: Vista, Seven...?

    --
    "Who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
    Signed: "Gillette" a.k.a. "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
    2
    1. It freezes more and more often when I do a simple Google search, which is saying something, yet the computer is far from bad... So I think I might have a virus or something like that...
      However, it's not detected by my antivirus or Malwarebytes.

      Yes, I do the registry/duplicates etc... Not every day, of course, but from time to time. I use CCleaner V5, yes.

      I’m on Windows 7

      I will try MSCONFIG

      Thanks anyway, I’m quite impressed by the speed of response and the involvement on this site.
      0
  2. A license in 5.3.7.5?
    For defragmentation, since Vista, it does it automatically, so it's unnecessary...
    No problem for the videos: for playing DVDs or for streaming online?
    Type "virtual memory" in "help" and see what's there... it should be around 6000, otherwise, set them.
    What is your antivirus?
    Do you have Windows Defender in addition to the antivirus?

    "Who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
    Signed: "Gillette" aka "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
    1
    1. Try using ethernet.....
      What box do you have?
      Do you have a DVD drive on this PC?
      Do you have the seven license in 5 blocks of 5 alphanumeric characters?

      --
      "He who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
      Signed: "Gillette" aka "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
      0
      1. Currently, I am abroad so I don't have my ethernet cable or the box reference... But I am just next to it, I have no loading issues for videos for example. Yes, I have a CD/DVD player and a license in
        5-3-7-5
        0
      2. There is still some improvement, I did everything tonight: defragmentation, uninstallation of quite a few things, Ccleaner, Adwcleaner, antivirus, Malwarebytes... It didn't do much, but it didn’t hurt.
        0
    2. HAVE you already done it OR did you find EVERYTHING unchecked?!
      For the searches, are you on wifi or ethernet?
      Try this little thing:
      https://www.commentcamarche.net/telecharger/securite/2759-adwcleaner/
      Do you have ONLY ONE antivirus, and is it up to date?
      Which one do you have?
      --
      "Who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
      Signed: "Gillette" aka "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
      0
      1. Yes, I only have one... And I’m on wifi but with sufficient bandwidth...
        I’m not an expert but I’ve already tried quite a few things... Adwcleaner too ;)
        0
    3. Let's wait for the result of MSCONFIG....

      --
      "Who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
      Signed: "Gillette" a.k.a "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
      1
      1. It was already done ;)
        0
    4. So, we're going to try to boost it without resetting it to "factory settings"...
      Give me all the specifications: hard drives, partitions, RAM, processor frequency, OS, 32 or 64 bits...
      You should be able to find most of this stuff in "system.....
      Do you have Ccleaner?

      --
      "Who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
      Signed: "Gillette" a.k.a. "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
      0
      1. Here are the characteristics of my computer:
        64 bits
        Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4000M processor running at 2.40 GHz
        RAM: 4GB


        The system has no partition, just a single block.

        As for CCleaner, defragmentation, clearing cache, etc., I have already done quite a few things and cleaned up a lot beforehand.
        0
    5. Good evening....

      Check already in "computer" if you have a "recovery" partition....

      Best regards,
      See you later

      --
      "Who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
      Signed: "Gillette" alias "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
      1
      1. Good evening,
        First of all, thank you for this very quick response.

        Unfortunately, I do not have a sheet music...
        0