Cannot install a SQL Server
Solved
Hello, I've been trying to install different SQL servers (Express, non-Express, 2008, 2014, etc.) since this morning. I know I need to change the language settings to French (France). However, during installation, I always get this message: TITLE: Installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2008
------------------------------
The following error occurred:
The SQL Server setup program encountered an error while running a Windows Installer file.
Windows Installer error message: Error opening installation log file. Verify that the location of the log file specified exists and is writable.
Windows Installer file: e:\5a6cc24079b4a7ace73e6d\x64\redist\watson\dw20sharedamd64.msi
Windows Installer log file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log\20151107_195521\WatsonX64_Cpu64_1_ComponentUpdate.log
Click Retry to attempt the action that failed or Cancel to cancel this action and continue the installation.
For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=20476&ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=setup.rll&EvtID=50000&ProdVer=10.0.1600.22&EvtType=0xFB92A9BB
------------------------------
Well, I've tried running as administrator and I've done some research online, but nothing works. Regards, Alexandre Bernier
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 42.0
------------------------------
The following error occurred:
The SQL Server setup program encountered an error while running a Windows Installer file.
Windows Installer error message: Error opening installation log file. Verify that the location of the log file specified exists and is writable.
Windows Installer file: e:\5a6cc24079b4a7ace73e6d\x64\redist\watson\dw20sharedamd64.msi
Windows Installer log file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log\20151107_195521\WatsonX64_Cpu64_1_ComponentUpdate.log
Click Retry to attempt the action that failed or Cancel to cancel this action and continue the installation.
For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=20476&ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=setup.rll&EvtID=50000&ProdVer=10.0.1600.22&EvtType=0xFB92A9BB
------------------------------
Well, I've tried running as administrator and I've done some research online, but nothing works. Regards, Alexandre Bernier
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 42.0