Creating a relative hyperlink
Good evening,
I would like to know how to create a relative hyperlink.
Actually, I have an Excel file on my desktop containing a sheet.
To simplify, I'll give you an example:
In cell A2 of my Excel file, I have a line that says "fruit list" and on my USB drive, I have a folder called "Fruits" containing: apples, bananas, oranges.
I want that by clicking on cell A2 of my Excel file on the line "fruit list" present on my desktop, I can directly access the content "apples" present on my USB drive.
The idea is to create a relative hyperlink so that, for example, if I change the location of my Excel file, it won't affect the folder on my USB drive and there won't be any error message.
I hope my explanation is clear. How could I do that? Thank you.
Sincerely
I would like to know how to create a relative hyperlink.
Actually, I have an Excel file on my desktop containing a sheet.
To simplify, I'll give you an example:
In cell A2 of my Excel file, I have a line that says "fruit list" and on my USB drive, I have a folder called "Fruits" containing: apples, bananas, oranges.
I want that by clicking on cell A2 of my Excel file on the line "fruit list" present on my desktop, I can directly access the content "apples" present on my USB drive.
The idea is to create a relative hyperlink so that, for example, if I change the location of my Excel file, it won't affect the folder on my USB drive and there won't be any error message.
I hope my explanation is clear. How could I do that? Thank you.
Sincerely
2 answers
-
Good evening,
I couldn't manage with the proposed method.
So I used a simple method (which changed my initial need).
Nevertheless, I worked locally, meaning I put all the files (list + Excel doc) on my desktop and checked that by clicking on a line in my Excel file, the corresponding document opened automatically.
I then copied everything to the server and then to the USB stick, and it works.
Thank you all.