Boîte aux lettres indisponible

Solved
Hello,
I sent a message and I received this reply.

The SMTP Server program

<firstname.lastname@hotmail.com>: host mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.244.168] said: 550
Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (in reply to RCPT TO
command)

Can you tell me why and what to do?
Thank you.Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

6 answers

  1. Subject: How to know if I’m in someone’s spam folder?

    Gael31390,

    Well, I think it’s almost certain that she has put me in her spam folder. And I have a few reasons to believe this. You know, when you put someone in your spam folder, and if they send you a message, their message may end up in your spam folder or not appear at all. In that case, you’re not even aware that the person tried to write to you. I know this because I've tested it. Then, by checking the account of the person who tried to message me while I had them in my spam folder, I noticed that they received a message from "postmaster@mail.hotmail.com" whose attached file "details..." included "Requested action not taken." I also know that when I try to write to someone with an invalid address, I also receive a message from "postmaster@mail.hotmail.com," but this time the attached file "details..." does not say "Requested action not taken," but something else.
    -1
    1. ** Sigh **
      Computing is simple: you try to put yourself in the place of computers.

      From the computer's perspective, there are two computers: your email server and its email server.
      Your server wants to send an email to the other one, and the other one replies, "I'm sorry, that didn't work." If the other one replied like that while it had just placed the email in the spam folder, do you really think it would send a message saying, "I don't like your message, but I confirm that the address exists, is still read, and that I'm putting your message in spam, so you can send me plenty of nasty messages and it will make a lot more work for me on top of that! It's awesome! Plus, I might even crash because you could overload me with messages!" Personally, it would never occur to me to send the second message to the other: I would simply say that the message was successfully received so the other doesn't bother me more. After that, you're free to behave like that in real life. The computers will remain reasonable, uh -- well, sort of.

      In summary, no, it didn't put you in the spam folder, think for two seconds!
      0
    2. Moderator
      @Martin, good evening,

      I hope that, since March 2008, these people have been able to solve their problem ;-)
      0
    3. Well, that will be useful for the next ones...
      0
    4. Moderator
      @dav bens, good evening,

      True that by bringing it up every 18 months ;-D
      0
    5. It's good to bring this topic back up, it just helped me out ^^
      0