On-call schedule

Hello :)

I need to create a schedule that rotates agents for on-call duty throughout the year. However, I don't know anything about all the formulas (but I'm willing to learn).
The benefit of doing it automatically would be to modify conditions by adding leave, last-minute cancellations, etc., and have the rest of the schedule adjust to remain fair.

I need to assign 7 agents to take turns on call for the 5 working days/week (1 on-call agent/day), except on public holidays.

I also need to set conditions for each agent:
- One can only be scheduled on Monday/Tuesday
- Another cannot be scheduled on Wednesday
etc...
If one takes a week off, they must "catch up" in the rotation, and so on.
And if possible, a relatively equal duration between on-calls for all agents.

Finally, if instead of names, there are colors in the cells, that would be great for readability.

I hope you can explain how to do this and that I have been clear enough. Thank you :)

PS: I'm using Excel 2010.

2 answers

  1. Hello Raymond :)

    Thanks for your response, I am indeed quite familiar with Excel for its calculations and tables.
    But yes, precisely, I found forum topics suggesting that it’s possible, like on this thread where I also posted my question:
    https://www.excel-downloads.com/threads/planning-annuel.30914/#post1257112

    I will also investigate the existing software, but in my opinion, I won’t have any funds, so the best would be for me to learn how to do it with Excel macros.

    Thanks for all the information you can give me including VBA tutorials :)
    0