Excel grid problem

Solved
Hello,
1) I've lost my gridlines in Excel. No matter how much I click on View Gridlines, my page stays blank?
Can someone help me?
Thank you

2) I have a table that has about forty columns and fifty rows, I would like to hide the columns from 41 onwards and the rows from 51 onwards
that is to say I only want to see my table and not the empty cells on the right and below. I managed to do it but I can't remember how
Thank you

Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 7.0

--
I would drink milk when cows eat grapes

5 answers

  1. Re,

    Select your sheet, for that click to the left of the first header of column A and above the header of row 1 you have in that spot an arrow in the bottom right corner. If you do it correctly, the sheet will slightly gray out.
    In the Home tab/font module, you will notice a paint bucket and just to the right a small arrow pointing down, click on it and choose No Fill.

    If it doesn't work, come back to the discussion.
    A+
    Mike-31

    A period of failure is an ideal moment to sow the seeds of knowledge.
    41
    1. I have indeed found the solution, unfortunately thanks to you... thank you very much.
      0
    2. Great, it's working. I've been looking for it for quite a while.
      0
    3. thank youuuuu
      0
    4. Thank you very much!!! Perfect explanation!
      0
    5. 13 years later, still relevant.

      Thank you!

      0
  2. Hello
    it's working this morning
    I did the same thing yesterday and I don't know why it didn't want to work
    thank you all

    --
    I will drink milk when cows eat grapes
    0
    1. thank you Usulaarrakis
      the masking (I don't know if that's the term) works

      Mike the grid is activated
      the white is quite possible I took an old file (from another person who left)

      excel 2007

      --
      I will drink milk when the cows eat grapes
      0
      1. Hi,

        Either you put a color like white on your sheet
        or you disabled the grid

        to provide you with the control paths we need your version of Excel

        --
        Cheers,
        Mike-31

        A period of failure is a perfect time to sow the seeds of knowledge.
        6
        1. Contributor
          Hi
          1-
          What version of Excel?

          Which file extension xls or xlsx or xlsm?

          Don't you have a macro that hides the gridlines when opening the file? (Alt+F11 to check in the VBE)

          2- Select row 51 and press CTRL + shift + down arrow keys at the same time then right-click / hide

          Then select column 41 and press CTRL + shift + right arrow keys at the same time then right-click / hide

          --

          (_Usul of Arrakis
          Serial_Dreamer_)
          1