Circular reference in Excel

Solved
Hello,
I have an Excel spreadsheet, in a workbook containing several sheets, every time I open this workbook: a message appears:
Circular reference warning

When I check the totals, I find the value 0 while the table contains several numbers,
what should I do

Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 7.0

5 answers

  1. Hello,

    To locate the cell containing the circular reference, you display the "Circular Reference" toolbar

    In 2003 and earlier, you do "View/Toolbar/Customize"

    And in the "Toolbar" tab, you select "Circular Reference"

    Since 2007, you click on the "Office" button, in the top left, then on "Excel Options"
    you go to "Customize," and you select "Formulas" tab, in the first ribbon
    You click on "Circular Reference," "Add"
    The shortcut will appear on the quick access toolbar

    By clicking on it, you will obtain the address of the cell with a circular reference

    Good luck
    27
    1. Thank you very much for this response, which immediately highlights the circular references! Time-saving: it really helped me in a gigantic spreadsheet where I was completely lost! (The circular reference was not flagged as a classic formula error, so it was impossible to find without spending hours on it!)
      0
    2. great!!
      thank you, thank you very much it's not lagging anymore and I've therefore pinpointed the cell in question
      0
    3. Great! Top explanations to help me get rid of this annoying message!
      0
    4. very clear explanations, thank you a thousand times
      0