Erreur d’installation des pilotes IDE

for best reliability§ performance, please change the stand alone slave drive to master. system halt

4 answers

  1. well buddy you only have one hard drive right?
    because hard drives have little jumpers at the back to determine (depending on the jumpers' position) whether they are master or slave and if you only have one drive it must be set to master, whatever happens if you have several, the system drive should be master.
    to change that you open your PC and you change the jumper to set it to master as it should be marked on it. also be careful to have plugged the correct end of your ribbon cable onto the drive

    cf this little thread
    http://www.coupdepoucepc.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=131
    the whole thing is very well done with illustrations and all, this is the HDD page but the whole set is not bad!
    3
    1. hello, thank you for your answer, I will read it all right away
      0
    2. f2:setup f1:boot menu
      auto-detecting pri master...ide hard disk
      auto-detecting pri slave...not detected
      auto detecting sec master..not detected
      pri master: P760A30A IBM-DPTA-372050
      Ultra DMA mode-4, S.M.A.R.T capable disabled
      sec slave : 0100 HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8161B

      Thank you in advance
      0
    3. f2:setup f1:boot menu
      auto-detecting pri master...ide hard disk
      auto-detecting pri slave...not detected
      auto detecting sec master..not detected
      pri master: P760A30A IBM-DPTA-372050
      Ultra DMA mode-4, S.M.A.R.T capable disabled
      sec slave : 0100 HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8161B

      Thank you in advance
      0
  2. When I start my PC AND IT DOES 2 BEEPS AND IT WRITES IDE DEVICE #0 ERROR WHAT SHOULD I DO
    0
    1. very simple to solve

      if the hard drive and the drive are on the same cable, set the hard drive to master and the drive to slave

      if the hard drive and the drive are on two different cables, set the hard drive to master on its cable and set the drive to master on its cable

      I had this problem and I solved it this way.
      0
  3. I have a problem helping me my computer will stop at this window IDE drive installation error for best reliability and performance please change the stand alone slave drive to master system halt
    0
    1. hi!

      did you change the hard drive or is it the same one (sorry I didn’t quite understand)?
      anyway if you didn’t change it, it should already be in “master” position so...

      try F1 to see if your HDD is set to first boot

      that said, changing the motherboard implies reinstalling the operating system.
      --
      me gusta jugar con el tío sam
      0