Word: skip one line, not two

Solved
Hello everyone,
on my new computer, when I hit the enter key, it jumps 2 lines automatically, and it happens both in Word 2008 and 2003 :( So I press the backspace key at the same time as the enter key to jump only one line, but does anyone know how to adjust the settings so that the enter key only creates a single line break without having to do that little manipulation every time?
Thanks in advance
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.18

3 answers

  1. 1) Go to format
    2) Then paragraph
    3) Go to space / spacing
    4) Set the value to 0 points in "before" and "after"
    93
    1. Thank you very much, very helpful help!
      0
    2. Thank you, it works perfectly.
      0
    3. You're welcome!
      0
    4. Thank you, it works perfectly: In Word 2013 ->

      Home -> Paragraph -> Line spacing and paragraph spacing -> Line spacing options... -> Under the "Indentation and spacing" tab -> Spacing -> Before: Set to 0 pt | After: Set to 0 pt (which is 8 normally) -> Ok
      0
    5. Hello! I did what you said. I set it to 0, and then OK, but when I exit Word, it doesn't save and it goes back to 8 pt!!!
      What's happening? Help!
      Thank you for your assistance!
      0