Problem with my Canon LBP2900 printer/

Hello, I have a Canon LBP2900/200i printer. It works (only) with a USB cable. I installed it and used it without any problem until the day when, after turning it on (I always turned it off after each use) to make a print, the message "device not recognized" appeared. I unplugged the USB cable several times and reconnected it without success; the same message always appeared. I uninstalled the printer and since then it has been impossible for me to reinstall it because the aforementioned message appears every time I turn on the printer. I even changed the USB cable in vain. I don’t know what to do anymore. Please help me, I am desperate!
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

3 answers

  1. Moderator
    Good evening
    How did you try to reinstall it????
    Is the cable connected or not??
    With the CD or with drivers downloaded from the web???
    --
    Very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room
    Especially when it's not there...!!!!
    0
    1. Hello,
      does anyone have a solution to this problem? I'm facing the exact same issue. I get the feeling that I’m a victim of planned obsolescence with the Canon LBP 2900...

      Is there any workaround or software to fix this?
      0
      1. Moderator
        Hello
        Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?
        What is your operating system?
        The drivers are here (you need to install them with the PC/printer cable unplugged. Plug it in as instructed by the installation software):
        http://www.canon.fr/Support/Consumer_Products/products/printers/Laser/Laser_Shot_LBP2900.aspx?type=download&page=1
        0
    2. I am using Windows XP

      Yes, I tried reinstalling the drivers via the website you indicated (before, I had done it via my CD, and this was on two computers running Windows XP,) and I still get the same response: the printer does not recognize the USB port...
      0
      1. Moderator
        Re
        Who is saying <<'the printer does not recognize the USB port.>>? .. the PC or the printer?

        Have you tried changing the USB socket??

        Try uninstalling everything related to this printer using "Uninstall program."
        Then reinstall the drivers http://www.canon.fr/Support/Consumer_Products/products/printers/Laser/Laser_Shot_LBP2900.aspx?DLtcmuri=tcm:79-730172&page=1&type=download
        0