Unable to change avatar

Solved

Hello,

I went to the user configuration panel of my CCM profile.

After modifying a few settings, I noticed that I couldn't change my profile picture due to a "Request error".

Incompatible browser? Cache issue? Or a small error from the developers? I ignore it :-|

Nevertheless, I would be grateful if someone could share tips, especially if you are part of the CCM team. Not that I dislike the idea of Jean-Luc Mélenchon as an avatar, but for a year or two I've been trying to change it. The error message persists.

Best regards,

Matthias

8 answers

  1. Moderator

    Hello,

    We need a user to take a test. I don't want to risk losing my animated GIF ;-)

    Can you modify the banner image next to the avatar?

    As a last resort, as a moderator, I could try to delete this avatar.


    0
    1. Arf, yes, I remember your animated avatar. You must have had it since 2006, I think. :D

      Trying to modify the banner also doesn't work. Same error.

      In fact, deleting the image could "unlock" the situation.

      In the meantime, I will test on another browser to see if the feature works (I was going to say "if the function works"?!), and if that's the case, then it would come from Opera. The team should be able to fix this bug with that browser, possibly.

      But I’m still surprised, since Opera is based on Chromium, so it should affect all Chromium browsers? Unless they each still implement their own HTTP layer.

      Thanks

      Matthias

      0
  2. Good evening,

    I just ran a test, to check, and the same with Firefox as well! And I’m doing a second one after refreshing the page with the F5 key, but still no better.
    1
    1. Moderator

      I had tested in Firefox the modification of the banner, it doesn't work. Following your remark I tested in Edge as well, the banner cannot be modified.

      I tested if as a moderator I could delete your avatar; it works. Could you redo the test to see if starting from an empty context allows adding the avatar?

      0
  3. Weird (probably a bug on CCM's servers…) Sometimes I can modify the banner and sometimes not, whether I’m using Edge or Firefox!

    https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/Web/HTTP/Reference/Status/400


    0
    1. If you encountered a 400 error, it's because something in the HTTP request didn't please CCM's servers. I know the forum is "handmade" (it's not PHPBB, for example), so there isn't official documentation to find the glitch.

      Either the servers don't implement certain HTTP headers for transferring files, hence the hitch, or the CGI forms are coded in a certain way and the developers haven't run into any issues on their own config.

      In any case, it seems it's up to them to figure it out :')

      0
  4. Admin

    Hello, I was able to reproduce the incident and have escalated it to the team. Thank you,


    0
    1. Thank you very much. I’d like to clarify that it wasn’t an order, but I still thank you, because I’ve known CCM for nearly 20 years, and I’m concerned about its continuation, even for this kind of detail.

      0
  5. Good evening everyone,

    I’m taking the liberty to raise this topic, though I’m not sure if the issue is known and has been identified, but I was able to upload a profile picture and a banner that do not exceed more than 24,000 bytes; beyond that, the message "request error" appears. And up to 26,000 bytes are allowed for uploading a banner. Above that, the request error message appears. So, is this intentional?

    So the maximum weights observed for a profile photo

    - 24 KB

    For a banner

    - 26 KB

    By respecting these technical limits, it works. :-)

    This much I’m sure of: I don’t know anything, and nothing more...

    ~ Wishko ~
    0
    1. Admin

      Hello, I will report to the team, I’m not sure these thresholds are correct and otherwise, see to make them appear. Thank you,

      0
  6. Hello,

    Regarding the avatar, it no longer displays correctly once logged in at the top right.

    Par contre, aux autres endroits, celui-ci s'affiche correctement.
    However, in other places, it displays correctly.
    0
    1. Good evening,

      The avatar is back.

      0
  7. The header modification is working again, at least for me!


    1
    1. Hello,

      Indeed I confirm the observation of MPMP10,

      Uploading any profile picture or banner by size now passes without issue, just like before on my side as well.

      Thank youuuuuu it’s nice to have been heard. :-)


      What’s new at CCM?

      ~ Wishko ~

      1