Unable to enable Hyper-V

Solved
Hello everyone, I can't activate Hyper-V on my machine which is running Windows 10 64-bit and is compatible with virtualization. I have 8 GB of RAM and a 1 TB hard drive. I admit that I reinstalled my system with Windows 10 64-bit, but strangely I can't find Hyper-V under: "Turn Windows features on or off". No matter how hard I look, I can't find it, which is annoying.

I also wanted to know if it is possible to download and install it manually.

9 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello
    Anyway, Hyper-V is not available for the Home version....

    --
    Chouba, Moderator / My job is so secret that I don't even know what I'm doing.
    1. Moderator
      Hello
      what version of win10 ... Enterprise, Pro or Education?

      --
      Chouba, Moderator / My job is so secret that I don't even know what I do.
      1. Hi

        but strangely I can no longer find Hyper-V under: "Turn Windows features on or off"

        check if Hyper-V is enabled in the BIOS (Intel or AMD)

        look at this page for accessing the BIOS depending on your PC brand --> click here

        PS: also look at Choubaka's message --> click here

        @+

        --
        the radiation level is higher at the employment office than at Chernobyl
        1. Hello to both of you and thank you in advance. Here are the system details I have: Windows 10 Home 64-bit operating system, x64 processor, Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz 1.99 GHz, Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

          After this message, I will restart the machine to access the BIOS setup to check if virtualization is enabled. I had a question regarding the fact that the system is Windows Home?
          1. re

            I am going to restart the machine to access the BIOS setup to check if virtualization is enabled.

            ok

            I had a question regarding the fact that the system is Windows Home?

            ask your question

            @+

            --
            the radiation level is higher at the employment office than at Chernobyl.
            1. re

              in addition to my previous message --> click here

              you are not the only one with an issue with Virtualbox and W11 --> click here

              PS: on my PC with W11 I installed Virtualbox with W10, and I have no issues

              @+

              --
              the radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than at Chernobyl
            2. Good evening to you, I apologize for the delay. Indeed, I realized that I had the Windows 10 Home edition, and that this version cannot activate Hyper-V. I went to check the BIOS setup beforehand, and indeed it is activated from the BIOS setup, so I had to perform a new installation of Windows 10 Professional, and it was at this point that I was able to enable the Windows Hypervisor.

              I would like to thank you for the responses and tips you provided me with, thank you very much.
              1. Hello,

                Please note that I successfully set up a virtual machine (using VMWare Player Workstation) on Windows 10 Home.
            3. Hi Brucine, I’m going to try it on another computer that I’m using as a test subject and I’ll get back to you, thanks in advance.
              1. Unless I have magical powers, yes: my BIOS does have a virtualization option (otherwise we would be in trouble in any case).

                With my immoderate taste for censorship, I just checked, I have not set the services related to hypervisor to stop but only to manual.

                But in the Control Panel, enable features, I do have under Windows 10 Home hypervisor platform and virtual machine platform, but they are unchecked and therefore unlikely to work.

                Reports suggest a bit more convoluted settings on VMWare Workstation Player 16, but under 15.5, which I use, really it's a piece of cake (once VMWare is installed, just remember to add the VMWare Tools add-on to get the appropriate drivers for each virtual machine, which the software kindly reminds you to do).