Total messages display issue in Thunderbird

Hello,
I just updated to version 78.12.00
In various forums, I saw that to display the number of messages, you had to go to tools/options/general/advanced.
I do not have access to the advanced tab
Could you help me
Thank you

5 answers

  1. Display>Layout>Folder Pane Columns
    6
    1. Thank you, but previously, I used to see the left column where unread messages were marked, I also saw the total number of messages.
      0
      1. Well, check "Unread" too!!!
        0
        1. I have messages
          I checked read and unread as you instructed me, but no number is displayed.
          0
      2. @octave44

        I have checked "read"

        In my screenshot above, there is no "read" box to check. Where did you find yours?
        Show me a screenshot like mine.
        0
        1. Hello @octave44,

          To display the total number of emails in each folder, in the folder panel header, click on the small icon on the right and check "Total":
          -1