Hello, I would like to operate an HP Tango printer without a computer or the internet, it's for an elderly person who isn't equipped and doesn’t want to equip themselves. Thank you
-- "We swallow the lies that flatter us in big gulps, and we drink the bitter truth drop by drop."
madmyke
Moderator
What may pose a problem is perhaps the initialization, which will need to be done on a PC since it is designed for that. But afterwards, for this use, the PC is not necessary; it will be enough to use the buttons on the printer. For this particular model, I don’t know; you would need to read the online manual to see if it’s feasible, or contact the brand.
-- "We swallow the flattering lie in one big gulp and sip the bitter truth drop by drop."
madmyke
Moderator
Be careful also with the "costs"; a photocopy on a printer, unlike a photocopier, is a total reproduction of the page, so the background color, etc. can consume a lot of ink and be very expensive. Similarly, buying a Wi-Fi printer, etc. does not really make sense for this use.
baloo24
Thank you for your response, madmyke, I think I will get her something simpler after all. Goodbye
madmyke
Moderator
Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to find a simple photocopier for an individual, no worries for businesses. Maybe looking at second-hand options even for small businesses, but making sure that consumables can still be found, as well as that businesses are still using them.
-- "We swallow whole the lies that flatter us, and we drink drop by drop a truth that is bitter to us."
kaumune
Hi
Copying is one of the basic functions of any simple multifunction device on the market
Do pay attention to the cost of ink cartridges (a common issue with all inkjet printers)
madmyke
Moderator
Another option if your printing needs don't require color, a laser printer like this one. The advantage is that the consumables are very inexpensive per printed page (much less demanding). It also exists in color but is more expensive.
-- "We swallow greedily the lie that flatters us and drink drop by drop the bitter truth that is good for us."
baloo24
thank you for replying to me right away she would just be making photocopies
baloo24
So I will need to set it up with my computer and then I will take the printer back to her.
madmyke
Moderator
Yes, unless you can do without it, you just need to check that everything can be controlled from the printer's dashboard.
baloo24
I should maybe find him a simple copier printer; that should be enough for him, I think.
baloo24
Thank you for the advice, goodbye and happy new year.