Compatible graphics card (and graphics card selection)?

Solved
Hello/hi CCM community

So to start, I would like to acquire a graphics card for my desktop computer to achieve delightful game quality. For this, I would appreciate your help in determining compatibility with my case.

• I should mention that I am moderately knowledgeable about PC components, so I can get a bit lost.

My configuration:
Processor: Amd A4-6300 Dual-core APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.7GHz
(Radeon 8370D)
RAM: DDR3 SDRAM / 8 GB / 1600 MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte FM2 - FM2+
Power Supply: Aerocool Integrator 500W
Running Windows 10

I probably forgot some things, well. ^^'

I want to look into an Rx 460 to boost my setup and thus play games like Skyforge, Blade & Soul.
My budget is small; I don't want to spend on a big graphics card.

I welcome all your advice and responses.
Thank you in advance

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 53.0.2785.143

--
\(*v*)/

4 answers

  1. Contributor


    By installing the Catalyst for the graphics card
    you will have RAPTR on your Desktop which is used to optimize games supported by Vulcan
    you won't have anything else to change
    you have 8 GB of RAM
    you have a 500 Watts power supply
    --
    no links on English web pages, I already steal enough all by myself
    1
    1. Your choice seems good to me. Also, take a look at the GTX 970; they are currently clearing out stock and it is significantly better than the RX 460...
      0
      1. Yes, I see, the GTX 970 has a pretty high price anyway.
        Afterwards, it's something to consider :)
        0
      2. Contributor
        Hi

        a GTX 970 on an APU A4-6300 ??????
        the processor will be unhappy

        even with a RX 460
        0
      3. My processor is weak, I confirm
        But this card is above my budget so ^^
        0
    2. Yes, I thought it was lower than that (after consultation) the RX460 seems to be the best value in the prices below €150.
      0
      1. Humm, and regarding the compatibility of the RX 460 with my setup?
        A friend told me it would fit in there.
        0
    3. Contributor
      Hi Swaam

      With an A4-6300, you won't get very far in gaming at all
      You can just put a R7 250 or a GT 740

      You should also change the processor

      What Gigabyte motherboard do you have ????
      Its reference

      See you
      --
      No links on the web page in English, I'm already stealing enough on my own
      0
      1. Hi Bison,
        Here is its reference Ga-f2a68hm-hd2

        If I have to choose a low-end graphics card, it's not a problem :)
        And that is more than enough for me, I think.
        0
      2. Contributor
        0
      3. Hello again,

        Sorry for getting back to you the next day.

        Honestly, I’m going to follow this advice to take the proc and then take the 460, and there’s nothing else to change?
        At least I won’t be pushing my not so great proc with the GT or the r7.

        Thank you very much for your help anyway :D
        0