Nike Never Should Have Made The Air Jordan 11 Low (And These Are

ninistore Messages postés 2 Date d'inscription mercredi 20 mai 2015 Statut Membre Dernière intervention 20 mai 2015 - 20 mai 2015 à 06:07
ninistore Messages postés 2 Date d'inscription mercredi 20 mai 2015 Statut Membre Dernière intervention 20 mai 2015 - 20 mai 2015 à 06:10

http://www.6nini.com

Moments in time are always marked by many things like good music, personal milestones, fashion, sports, just to name a few.
If you ask people what their favorite era was you might get a variety of different answers, but if you ask '80s babies (those born in the '80s - raised in the '90s) - they will most likely say the '90s were IT.
Especially the mid '90s. The economy was booming, great music was being made, fashion was fun and the NBA was ushering in the next era of legends. Life was good.
The mid '90s was also when Michael Jordan and his legacy was really hitting its stride. His legend was growing tremendously both on and off the court. When Air Jordans first hit the scene in 1985, I don't think anyone knew that they were witnessing the beginning of greatness. Other players had signature shoes throughout the years, but nothing quite like `His Airness'.
Fast forward 10 years to 1995, the year Michael Jordan returned from his first retirement, and the first time we got to lay our eyes on the beauties known as the Air Jordan 11.
MJ wore the iconic "Concord" AJ11 in the Playoffs against the Orlando Magic and was fined for doing so. The shoes were mostly White while everyone else was wearing Black, and that was a violation of league rules, very similar to the reason why his first signature shoe was banned from the NBA 10 years earlier.
Jordan took a strong liking to the AJ11, because the use of patent leather on a silhouette like that was a first of its kind, and also because he desired a signature shoe that could be worn with suits. Ironically, MJ's fashion choices raise eyebrows these days but in the '80s and '90s he set trends with what he wore off of the court.
Over the years the AJ11 has brought back in a variety of colorways since it originally debuted and has proven to be one of (if not THE MOST) popular models in the series. If I had to choose my favorite Air Jordan, more than likely these would win. Which leads me to why I cringe when certain colorways of the shoe get released.
I understand the retro game is lucrative for brands, but it's a nightmare for real collectors and the folks who really appreciate nostalgia. Seeing your favorite colorways constantly released and run into the ground is not fun, and heavily waters down the legacy.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to stop the assembly line of iconic Jordans from being released to the masses, so it is what it is at this point.
So I'll take this time right now to share a few that I wish they would've kept in their vaults.
A voir également:

1 réponse

ninistore Messages postés 2 Date d'inscription mercredi 20 mai 2015 Statut Membre Dernière intervention 20 mai 2015
20 mai 2015 à 06:10
http://www.6nini.com