Pentax Optio E30 digital camera

Hello everyone, help me please!! I have a problem with my Pentax Optio E30 digital camera. The buttons are locked and I can't change modes. If anyone has this type of camera and knows how to unlock the buttons, please think of me!!! Thank you very much
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

17 answers

  1. Hello everyone, please help me!! My Pentax Optio E30 digital camera is locked and I can no longer change modes or take photos. If any of you have this kind of device and know how to unlock the buttons, think of me!!! Thank you very much.
    22
    1. Hi everyone, I have a Pentax camera and I don't know how to take black and white photos. Could someone please help me? Thanks a lot.

      0
  2. Hello,
    My device is locked, and I can't find my user manual. What should I do to unlock it? Thank you in advance for your valuable response.
    13
    1. Moderator
      Hello Chalain....
      How to unlock??? What's locked, the memory card??
      Excerpt from the memory card manual:
      The SD memory card has a write-protection switch. Slide the switch to the [LOCKED] position
      to protect existing data by preventing new data from being written, deleting existing data, or formatting the card. A symbol appears on the LCD screen when the card is write-protected.
      ...
      But for the manual.... It's in the link from the previous message.... LoL....
      Hey
      --
      It is very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room...
      Especially when it’s not there...!!!!
      0
  3. Hi, please help me, I have a problem with my Pentax Optio E30 camera. I can't transfer my photos to my computer, help me, I'm going on vacation in 2 days.

    Someone who needs help
    7
    1. My device takes photos correctly, but the screen remains black and we see nothing. What should I do? Thank you.
      3
      1. Hello Hello =)
        I have a Pentax Optio E35
        And I would like to take a long exposure photo, but since I accidentally threw away my manual, could someone explain to me how to switch to manual mode and how to change the shutter speed?
        Thanks in advance <3
        3
        1. Hello, I have a Pentax Optio E30 that records videos in AVI, but I can't play them on Windows Media Player, even with a codec... Do you have any way to help me, thank you
          (This is to edit in Movie Maker, so the VLC solution won't work)
          2
          1. Hello,
            my mother has the same issue with her Pentax, did you finally find a solution?
            0
        2. Hold down the "delete" key for a long time when you want to take a photo.
          And does this camera have modes: black and white, sepia??
          Because when taking a video we can use these color options but not when taking a photo
          Not logical :/
          1
          1. I found it, you need to go to the scene, go to "modeP" and then go to the menu where you can switch to black and white or sepia.
            0
        3. I have the same problem as Julie, if anyone knows how to take black and white or sepia photos???
          1
          1. Hi, I have a Pentax Optio E30 digital camera and I don't know how to set photos to black and white or sepia. I tried pressing the delete button for a long time but it doesn't work!!!
            Please help me as quickly as possible if you can
            Thanks in advance,
            Léa
            1
            1. Moderator
              Hello everyone
              The instruction manual does not indicate any possibility for black and white or sepia photos....
              Only the video mode has this function..(page 91).
              See the manual:
              http://www.pentax.fr/downloads/photo/fr/Optio%20E30/Notice%20Optio%20E30.pdf
              Cheers
              1
              1. Someone could tell me how to turn a Pentax Optio E30 into a webcam?????

                Please

                THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
                1
                1. Moderator
                  Yes, hello to you too....???
                  Nothing in the manual for this device indicates this possibility???
                  See for yourself: http://www.pentax.fr/downloads/photo/fr/Optio%20E30/Notice%20Optio%20E30.pdf
                  bye
                  0
              2. Hello,

                I would like to know if it is possible to manually adjust the shutter speed on the Optio E30.

                Thank you in advance.
                1
                1. Moderator
                  Hello Kddy...
                  This option does not seem to be available... We can play with the sensitivity and/or the use of flash... which does have an effect, but that's all.
                  Here is an excerpt from the manual...
                  In R (program) mode, the device automatically adjusts the shutter speed
                  and aperture to take still images

                  For more information, the manual is downloadable... see the link in post <8> just above....
                  --

                  It is very hard to catch a black cat in a dark room...
                  Especially when it's not there...!!!!
                  0
              3. Hello Baladur13,
                thank you for this quick response
                I will therefore have to invest in another device :/

                Ps: nice signature of yours
                1
                1. Moderator
                  It's up to you to invest.... Me and photography, we're not on speaking terms.... I know this camera only through the manual.....
                  for me, the simpler, the better....
                  As for the signature... it's all "Chinese" (the proverb)
                  Bye Kddy
                  --

                  It is very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room...
                  Especially when it's not there...!!!!
                  0
              4. I don't have the user manual, how can I change the date and time? If you no longer need it or if you have a spare one, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much. It's urgent to get an answer to my question.
                1
                1. Moderator
                  Hello ??? Valoubricoltou
                  Have you heard of polite formulas???
                  A little excerpt from the CCM Charter:
                  Make use of polite formulas and communicate courteously.
                  http://www.commentcamarche.net/ccmguide/ccmcharte respect autrui.php3#politesse
                  As for the manual... put in a little effort... read the previous messages.... and you'll find it....
                  --

                  It is very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room...
                  Especially when it isn’t there...!!!!
                  0
              5. Hello
                I have a PENTAX E30
                the buttons are locked.
                It takes pictures
                but I can’t view them, let alone use the camera and other options.
                I need your help.
                Or if necessary, provide me with the contact details of a company that could assist me.
                Best regards.
                DAHI
                1
                1. Hello,

                  I have the same problem with my device, the buttons are locked and I can no longer delete photos, nor can I change modes. Have you managed to solve this problem? Thank you for your reply.
                  0
              6. On the Pentax Optio S5z, you just need to press the "quick" or "trash" button once when you are in photo capture mode.
                0
                1. Hello, additional information, it is a Pentax Optio 20.
                  0
                  1. Moderator
                    Hello
                    I suppose the screen is faulty....
                    Ask the manufacturer by email... or go to a service center...
                    --

                    It is very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room...
                    Especially when it’s not there...!!!!
                    0