Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Issues

Solved
Hello,
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) on December 22, 2012, at Auchan. It worked great until yesterday when I couldn't open any applications, and the touchscreen keyboard was unresponsive. It turned off after 30 seconds of sleep mode and won't turn back on! (I did the Samsung update on February 8th...). I'm going to take it back to Auchan's customer service tomorrow, fingers crossed...

Configuration: Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 9.0

54 answers

  1. Hello,
    yesterday evening my tablet was working perfectly, this morning it won't turn on anymore. I put it on charge, but I find it strange to have to charge it as it was half-battery last night, and now when I charge it there is a red cross icon when I plug it in. I held the button down for over thirty seconds to turn it on, but nothing works. Can you please help me? Thank you.
    206
    1. Well, I put it back on charge, and now it has taken the charge and it has turned back on!!!! The new technology is temperamental!!!!!!!
      0
    2. I see a red cross on the battery and since it has no charge left, it won't turn on anymore.
      Help please.
      0
    3. me too
      0
    4. Thank you for the tip! Do you know what it's due to?
      0
    5. Thank you very much, it's working again, it saves me from trips to the store.
      0
  2. Problem solved for now, I managed (I don't know how) to reset my tablet!
    139
    1. Hi, I just had the same problem. But I found a comment saying to press Power + volume down... it worked...
      1
    2. Oriori, it’s not working for me… complete blockage!
      0
    3. it's not working :'(
      0
    4. it worked today and it turned off
      0
    5. and it doesn't turn on anymore
      0
  3. It happens sometimes... usually, it's enough to press and hold it for a l o n g time (sometimes up to 30 seconds) to reboot it.
    104
    1. YES THANK YOU! Lol I've been trying for an hour! Thank you!
      0
    2. My tablet is stuck and won't unlock, what should I do?
      0
    3. Here my Galaxy Note 2 has been doing the same thing since this morning; after repeatedly trying, I've only drained the battery, which was at 85% when it shut down. Since the problem, it doesn't even charge anymore.
      0
    4. My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) doesn't work anymore, I can't turn it on. It doesn't charge.
      I bought a new charger and it still doesn't charge.
      0
    5. My Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 tablet is also not working anymore, it won't turn on and it won't charge. When it was on, there was a red cross on the battery icon.
      0
  4. Thank you sooo much.. Same problem and boom it's solveddd :)) thank youuu
    50
    1. Have you done any research to start it from the computer?
      Try plugging it into the computer; my phone starts up even if it's off when I plug it in.
      42
      1. I have the same problem, it was working very well and just five minutes ago, the screen completely froze... the tablet is about 4 months old and has never had a problem until now!! I connect it to the PC but to no avail, it won't turn on and the computer doesn't recognize it!
        0
      2. And the strangest thing is that the Wi-Fi was still working because I could see the arrows at the bottom appearing and disappearing as usual! When I plugged it in to recharge, it indicated that it was charging, but when I unplugged it, the "charging" light stayed on... now the screen is black and nothing is working! I tried, as ORIORI mentioned below, to press power and volume down, but nothing happened. Help? Ayuda? Aide?
        0
      3. There you go, I just had to press and hold the power button for a long time -.-'
        0
      4. Thank you for the response-solution...
        I just had to press and hold the power button for a long time (about 10 seconds)!
        Phew ;D
        0
      5. Huge stress but Claao's response saved my life! Thank you very much
        0
    2. Hello everyone, I have a problem with my tablet, it says impossible to insert my SD card, thanks.
      28
      1. Plug in your charger and press for at least 20 seconds until the battery shows up. I hope this helps you.
        27
        1. Thank you for the tip, it worked but the battery icon shows a red cross
          please help me
          there is a lot of data in it
          0
        2. just buy a new charger! ^^
          0
      2. Thank you so much! I got really stressed especially since this tablet isn't mine! Phew!
        17
        1. Hello
          thank you sincerely for your responsiveness, and also for the wealth of information. I forgot to mention in my request for help that I have done several updates on the tablet using the settings menu. Is this update not sufficient and is it necessary to do the update with the power and volume down buttons pressed??
          15
          1. Can you specify the type of update you made, an update from the Play Store (apps) or an update from the settings (system update)?
            0
          2. I updated from the settings (system update)
            Sorry for the delay, because I am in New Caledonia, when it's daytime for you, it's nighttime for us, that's why we respond with a delay
            However, in response to smartphoneaddict13's message, when we press and hold the power and volume down buttons, we get to a reboot page, and when I reboot, the tab2 turns on with the same malfunction
            0
        2. For any issue with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (except physical damage), press the power button in the top right corner (non-touch button) for 30 seconds; normally, your problem will be resolved.
          Your tablet will turn back on by itself without any problem.

          I wish you good luck and all the best.
          11
          1. Aaa thank you so much, that's really nice!
            0
          2. Hello,

            I also have the same problem. I just bought a tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 version 7 GTP3100. Everything was working very, very
            well until I downloaded and installed a software from the Google Play Store. The touchscreen is blocked for a few seconds, then it works for a few seconds, and then it gets blocked permanently until now. However, the tablet works normally; I can receive calls and texts, it’s just that the touchscreen doesn’t work. I tried the POWER + Volume Up button combination to reset it, but that hasn’t worked. What should I do at this point, please? I really need help.
            0
          3. Hello,

            I have the same problem. I recently bought a tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 version 7 GTP3100. Everything was working really well until I downloaded and installed a video download software from the Google Play Store for Android. After that, the touchscreen became unresponsive for a few seconds, then it worked again for a while and has now completely frozen since then. However, the tablet is functioning normally; I can receive calls and texts, it's just the touchscreen that isn't working. I tried the POWER + Volume up button combination to reset it, but it didn't work. What can I do at this stage, please help me.
            0
          4. Great!! Thank you.
            0
          5. no, it doesn't work.
            0
        3. Press the buttons (at the bottom, in the middle, and on the side at the top) for a few seconds at the same time until it turns off, then turn it back on.
          It should work. Good luck!
          10
          1. If you don't have any important data on your tablet, it is always better to perform a factory reset, or for those who have flashed a recovery: "Reset Data Factory". For those with a custom ROM, reflash it while remembering to format everything except "sdcard" in the "Mount and Storage" section of the recovery.

            A little reminder:

            ROM: A ROM is a version of Android, similar to the various Linux distributions or versions of Windows (3.1, XP, Vista, Seven, etc.). Each ROM can be customized with applications and libraries of functions that may or may not be available. There are two main types: those provided by the manufacturer (the official ones) and those that crafty individuals tweak (like CyanogenMod).
            To install the official ones, simply follow the instructions from your phone’s manufacturer, and for the others, you'll need to get your hands dirty. It is not necessary to be rooted to install a ROM, whether it is official or not.

            Recovery: All Android devices have a special mode called Recovery, which can be seen as a kind of "safe mode" that allows you to reset the device in case of issues with the main system. This recovery mode can be activated when the device is off, during reboot, by a specific key combination that varies for each device. I encourage you to check forums to find out the combination that is relevant for your device.
            When the Android phone boots into recovery mode, it boots on a special partition also called recovery. This partition contains a minimal version of GNU/Linux. The principle of appropriation is therefore to replace the operating system contained in this partition with a version offering many more options:

            Format: /!\ IT WILL DELETE ALL DATA /!\. Do not format in recovery if you are using the original ROM (if you format, for example, the /system, your phone may not boot anymore, this operation is reversible if you flash a custom ROM like CyanogenMod).

            Some of these operations can positively or negatively affect your tablet's performance, so be responsible and don't do anything if you don’t know what you're doing, as rooting your device voids the warranty, so ... proceed at your own risk ...

            I hope I’ve helped you.

            djp-h
            8
            1. No, it’s not working at all!!!!!!! /// SNIFF// ?? YOUR ADVICE DOESN’T WORK!!!!!!!!!!
              0
            2. My tablet is on, the touchscreen is working, but the screen remains black and won’t turn on. When the tablet is in sleep mode and I plug in the charger, the screen turns on for one second and then turns off again. What should I do, please?
              0
          2. You need to press the power button for 30 seconds, and it will reset the tablet without losing your data.
            6
            1. Hello and thank you keke 3487 for this great help!
              0
            2. Where is the power button?
              0
            3. @maaaaaaaaHello,

              maaaaaaaa

              It's the button that starts the Tablet!!!!
              0
          3. Try to send them back from your drafts.
            6
            1. Plug in your charger and hold it for at least 20 seconds until you see the battery icon appear. There you go, I hope this helped you.
              5
              1. Yes, I pressed the power button for a long time and it shows that the tablet is charging but it won't turn on. Please give me a solution.
                0
              2. It's working, it's charged and she is functioning normally. She needed a full charge.
                0
              3. I have a Samsung tablet, its screen shows weird colors and the home page does not display after I dropped the tablet, please help me.
                0
            2. MERCIIIIII very much, it works very well.
              5
              1. Hello! My problem is quite different; the screen responds very poorly to touch. For example, I press at the top right, and it clicks at the top left! I know that for touch screens there is a calibration setting, but I can't find it on my Tab 2! Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks!
                5
                1. Hello everyone, I think I have the miracle solution for everyone. After watching this tutorial that I will share with you, I did the operation but disconnected both connectors from the board and not just one as shown in the tutorial. I let it charge for 20 minutes, then I disconnected the charger and reconnected both connectors. With a small piece of plastic, I turned the tablet on with the power button and it was a miracle. After 4 months of searching and 4 months of not using it, the tablet is back, coooooooolllllllllllll...

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiugGm9RhlM
                  4
                  1. Hello, which tools do you use to remove the cache from the tablet because it’s so thin I can’t find anything to unlock it?
                    0
                  2. Yes, but sorry, what other connection? I only see one!
                    0
                2. Thank you so much.. Same problem and boom it's solved :)) thank you!
                  3
                  1. Hello,

                    the same problem appeared today as with the loyalty, also bought at Auchan.
                    I pressed and held the on/off button and the volume button at the same time as indicated by saxo0909 and it worked.
                    A big thank you to him.
                    Does anyone have an idea of the reason for this bug?
                    Thank you
                    3
                    1. Hello,

                      I don't understand how so many people have this problem! Is it a manufacturing error?
                      As for me, I got my Tab 2 tablet for Christmas 2012 and it has turned off suddenly at least 3 times, and I can't turn it back on. Like everyone else, the screen goes black. It's really annoying! Luckily, in case it stops working completely, I don't have any important data on it. But given the cost of the purchase! pfff
                      0
                    2. I have the same problem, it's working again, thank you.
                      0
                    3. I have a completely different problem when I start the Samsung logo, then Android appears, but after that the screen goes black. The tablet resets itself, and I can unlock it blindly.
                      0
                    4. Hello
                      can you clarify because I don't understand
                      “Press the buttons (AT THE BOTTOM, IN THE MIDDLE AND ON THE TOP SIDE) for a few seconds at the same time until it turns off, then turn it back on.”
                      because on the tablet there are 2 buttons that are both on the left (on the top edge of the tablet)
                      there is the power button
                      and then there is the volume button that lowers the volume if you press on the left of this button and that raises the volume if you press on the right of this button.
                      0
                    5. Comment faire ? Moi, on me dit qu'on l'a offerte et qu'on l'a achetée en Algérie, mais je ne sais pas où.
                      0
                  • 1
                  • 2
                  • 3