There is no disk in the drive.

Solved
Hello,

Every time I start my computer (Windows XP), I repeatedly receive the message "There is no disc in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive." There is obviously no reason to insert a disk. But this message repeats several times (3 to 7) during startup. So I have to click "Continue" each time, the message reappears, I click again, etc., until the system decides to continue booting. I can therefore suppose there is a problem with the drive. But what? how?

Has anyone ever experienced this phenomenon, and is there a solution to this problem that is more annoying than truly troublesome (the system, once started, does not seem to have any particular issues).

Thank you.

Best regards,
Embi

Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

4 answers

  1. hi
    i’m thinking of something that you wanted to install and stopped in progress, whether an additive of Windows or something else? do a search in the device manager to see if you have a ? yellow
    0
    1. Look in startup to see if a program tries to launch from the CD-ROM

      Start -> Run -> Msconfig -> Startup
      --
      - Nith Haya -
      Violence is the last refuge of incompetence... Get The Reflex --> Google ;)
      0
      1. Hello,
        The solution was found thanks to the help of various correspondents. Thanks to them.
        It involved unchecking a file "dit.exe" in the Startup menu (Run, type MS CONFIG, click the Startup tab, uncheck Dit.exe).
        Best regards,
        Embi
        0