Clearing the ARP cache

Solved
Please help me!
When I click on repair, it gives me the following message: Windows could not repair the problem because the following operation was not completed: Clearing the ARP cache.

How can I solve the problem?

I am using Windows XP

16 answers

  1. Hello,
    I have the same problem:
    when I connect to a local network, my computer disconnects after a certain time.
    I try to fix it, and the following error message appears: Clearing the ARP cache when I want to repair?
    Can you help me? Thanks.
    5
    1. You need to stop the "ROUTING AND REMOTE ACCESS" service, after that it works fine.
      3
      1. Thank you to Kross.

        I did see that under DOS, the command ARP/? provides many parameters, but it’s still easier to stop the Routing and Remote Access service and set it to manual to resolve the issue once and for all.
        2
        1. Thank you
          however it hasn't really changed?
          I tried manual and disabled for Routing & Remote Access (control panel - admin tools - System - service)
          I had the impression the first few times that the duration between each disabling was getting longer, but eventually it cut out after 5 minutes
          And I still have to reboot the PC
          2
          1. I am on Windows XP, when I try to repair it says Windows could not repair ARP memory clearing
            Thank you for your response.
            2
            1. I indeed saw that under DOS, the command ARP/? gives many parameters, but it's still simpler to stop the Routing and Remote Access service and set it to manual to solve the problem once and for all.
              0
            2. how do you actually do that??
              0
          2. I solved my problem by resetting my Livebox.
            2
            1. Hello,

              Thank you again for your help,

              Is there a way to check if Routing & Remote Access is enabled without going through System - Services? (command prompt...?)
              I will try to remove the static IP tonight, but I don't think there is a connection, right?
              1
              1. - ARP Command -

                Check ''Wireless Network Connection Status'' and note the following parameters:
                Interface / IP Address 192.168.0.X IP address assigned by the router to the computer
                Internet Address / Gateway 192.168.0.250 Gateway IP address (check the last digit)
                Internet Address / DHCP 192.168.0.1 DHCP server IP address (may be identical to gateway)

                Under Windows - Start - Run
                type the command CMD, then at the prompt:
                C:\ARP -A and note the physical address [00-1E-2A-F8-B9-B2]

                C:\ARP -S [gateway address] [physical address]
                C:\ARP -S [DHCP address] [physical address] if different from the Gateway
                1
                1. Hello,

                  Have you resolved your issue and how, thank you all, I'm sending out an SOS.
                  1
                  1. How was this problem solved?? There is no answer.
                    Thank you
                    0
                    1. Hello,
                      I doubt this is the solution, but you can always try manually clearing the ARP cache by going to Start > Run > cmd and then arp -d *
                      0
                      1. Hello,
                        I'm sorry that it's not working for you.
                        However, please check if Routing and Remote Access are disabled after startup. You need to disable the service permanently.
                        0
                        1. I don’t know any other way to check it.
                          As for the static IP address, it is indeed not related.
                          Regards.
                          0
                          1. Same problem, I'm waiting for a response from specialists.
                            0
                            1. I have the same problem

                              Arp -d* didn’t change anything,
                              I couldn't find a solution on the forums,

                              I switched to a fixed IP.

                              When I have interruptions (it happened in Ethernet & Wifi) what’s annoying is that I have to reboot my computer when the problem occurs... (the interruptions happen every 2 to 20 minutes)

                              Thank you.
                              -1