Windows 7 installation no SATA driver
Solved
Hello,
I want to install Windows 7 64 bit on a freshly formatted desktop computer.
I need to install the SATA drivers so that the hard drive can be detected.
https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Acer-Aspire-E500-SATA-Driver.shtml#download
Problem: Windows cannot find the driver.
There are 5 files in the driver installation (disk1, m5287.cat, .inf, .oem, .sys)
However, they are recognized with wrong drivers.
How can I get them recognized?
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 4.0.1
I want to install Windows 7 64 bit on a freshly formatted desktop computer.
I need to install the SATA drivers so that the hard drive can be detected.
https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Acer-Aspire-E500-SATA-Driver.shtml#download
Problem: Windows cannot find the driver.
There are 5 files in the driver installation (disk1, m5287.cat, .inf, .oem, .sys)
However, they are recognized with wrong drivers.
How can I get them recognized?
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 4.0.1
2 answers
-
There is a procedure to install Seven on a new computer by requesting the formatting of the hard drive before installation (thus overwriting all existing data).
Seven will install a generic driver (or ask for the motherboard disk) for this and continue the installation afterwards. Also check the manual of your motherboard for the boot sequence.
Look in the knowledge base on the MS website to find the procedure.