Windows 7 installation no SATA driver
Solved
Hello,
I want to install Windows 7 64 bit on a freshly formatted desktop computer.
I need to install the SATA drivers so that the hard drive can be detected.
https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Acer-Aspire-E500-SATA-Driver.shtml#download
Problem: Windows cannot find the driver.
There are 5 files in the driver installation (disk1, m5287.cat, .inf, .oem, .sys)
However, they are recognized with wrong drivers.
How can I get them recognized?
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 4.0.1
I want to install Windows 7 64 bit on a freshly formatted desktop computer.
I need to install the SATA drivers so that the hard drive can be detected.
https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Acer-Aspire-E500-SATA-Driver.shtml#download
Problem: Windows cannot find the driver.
There are 5 files in the driver installation (disk1, m5287.cat, .inf, .oem, .sys)
However, they are recognized with wrong drivers.
How can I get them recognized?
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 4.0.1
2 answers
-
The computer is an Acer Aspire E500 (so I can forget about the motherboard CD).
I just looked on the ACER website, and it doesn't support Windows 7 (nor even Vista apparently!)
I'm set to reinstall XP, and since I don't have an installation CD (I have a copy on a PC of a XP SP3 installation but no installation disk).
So I'm going to create a new topic right away to make this CD.
Thanks for your help...