Change your password via the command line

Solved/Closed
Hello.

I’m looking for a way to change a Windows password via command line. In fact, the final goal is to be able to do it by Telnet.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rémi VERNAY

Configuration: Windows XP

2 answers

  1. Open the console in administrator mode by pressing Windows+R, then cmd, and confirm with Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

    Here are the possible password management commands:

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    net user
    ; displays the different users present.

    net user Administrateur
    ; displays the settings of the "Administrateur" account

    net user Administrateur mot_de_passe
    ; assigns the password "mot_de_passe" to the "Administrateur" account

    net user Administrateur *
    ; allows you to delete or redefine another password.

    net user Administrateur /active:yes
    ; activates the Administrateur account.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    (Desperate Housewives)
    We’re not in the same league at all, I wonder if we even play the same sport.
    95
    1. Hello, I tried your method but when I put "net user administrator password" it indicates that error 5 occurred. what should I do?? thanks in advance for your response.
      0
    2. Which Windows?
      0
    3. You need to run cmd as an administrator.
      0
    4. To run cmd as administrator, you need to right-click the cmd file and choose "Run as administrator."
      0
    5. It shows me access denied, this doesn’t work, your thing…
      0