Maxicompte issue

Hello,

I don't know if you can help me.... I have a problem with the freeware software maxicompte.
I entered my bank statements since the beginning of the year 2008.
No problems, but after a while the actual balance no longer matched my statements.
I wanted to check by removing the reconciliations little by little and by the end of the account when no more entries are reconciled I can't get either to zero or to my initial balance. So now I'm stuck, can you enlighten me?
Configuration: Windows 98 Firefox 2.0.0.14

7 answers

  1. I think I had the same type of problem as you:

    right click on the account with errors
    calculate bank balance
    assign balances
    yes
    then close.

    Is your problem resolved?
    10
    1. Thank you for your response, but since I didn't have a solution, I turned to another free software and since then, no more issues. I hope this will help someone else.
      0
    2. Yes, it helped me too, I had the same problem. Thank you so much!!!
      0
    3. It just helped me!
      0
  2. I just found out: you need to enter the amount with a - in front.

    My sincerest apologies, see you soon.
    2
    1. "I think I had the same type of issue as you:

      right-click on the account with the errors
      calculate the bank balance
      assign balances
      yes
      then close.

      Is your issue resolved?

      Thanks for me."
      1
      1. Hello.

        I'm encountering the same issue as you and I see that no one has replied to you.

        Have you found a solution?
        0
        1. No, I haven't found a solution. Since I was tired of waiting, I started over from scratch.
          I feel like this problem happened when I filled in the expense category section. I had entered the debited amount for each month, and I'm not sure if that's what I was supposed to do. For now, I haven't filled in that part, and it seems to be working. Anyway, I struggled a lot to re-enter everything....
          If you know more, don’t hesitate!
          0
      2. Hello everyone,

        I just downloaded the Maxicompte software. I would like to know how you proceed for withdrawals. For example, let's say I have an initial balance of €1000. I make a withdrawal of €100. So I add an expense operation "withdrawal." I then have a real balance of €1000 and a projected balance of €900 if I understood correctly. Now, let's imagine that I eat at a restaurant for €20 and pay in cash with the €100 I just withdrew. How should I proceed in Maxicompte? If I add an expense of €20 in cash, it won't work because I would have spent €120 when that is not the case. What should I do?

        Thank you and have a good evening.
        0
        1. You only record in Maxi account what you debit or credit from your bank account.
          So your €20 in cash have already been debited from your account, you're not going to debit them again.
          0
        2. You can use the function "Distribute an operation across multiple accounts" when you select your expense account.
          Best regards
          0
      3. Hello everyone,

        I have another problem:

        when I want to record a purchase in a supermarket,
        I right-click on the ledger, in an empty box, and click on: add a transaction.
        there I fill everything out, I choose the category and sub-category of expense, but when I enter the amount, the expense symbol ( - in red ) changes to the income symbol (+ in green) and then, there’s no way to change it back.

        So I can’t record expenses

        Can you help me, please?

        Thank you all

        Adrien
        0