Windows Live Essentials

Solved
Hello,

I have been unsuccessfully trying to install Windows Live Essential (more specifically Movie Maker) and every time I get the error 0x800c0006 (WaitForCatalog).
Is there a way to resolve this error? Thank you in advance.

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    Microsoft has more or less abandoned Movie Maker 2012 for Windows 10, so the setup found in various software libraries no longer downloads the application entirely.

    This topic has already been addressed here:
    https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-34518845-installation-de-movie-maker-sur-windows-10#p34519633

    Basically, you need to download the full version of Windows Essentials 2012 (wlsetup-all.exe) while it is still available, then choose the programs to install and check only the installation of Photo Gallery and Movie Maker.

    I am pasting the download link here:
    http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=%2FJVeC8F80

    Best regards.
    62
    1. Impeccable !!! You’re saving my life, thank you so much!!!^^
      0
    2. Thank you very much, I will carefully keep this now-unavailable software!
      0
    3. Finally, a solution that works!! Thank you very much!
      0
    4. Finally, after hours of searching and struggling!!!
      Well done and thank you.
      0
    5. Thank you, it works wonderfully!
      0