Medion PC stuck on BIOS

Solved
Hello, my Medion Akoya laptop is stuck on the BIOS screen as soon as I turn it on, and I can't find a solution to boot it from the hard drive. I am eagerly waiting for your help.

Configuration: Windows / Firefox 50.0

12 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello.
    Since you are in the BIOS, look for a way to load the default values and exit, if necessary, by pressing the F10 key and then Enter.
    3
    1. Bonsoir, merci, ça a été fait, mais il revient toujours sur le BIOS.
      1
      1. Contributor
        Did you reset the default values?
        0
    2. Yes, but I can't scroll down the arrow to select the disk; I can only click on SATA mode and it offers me either IDE mode or AHCI mode.
      1
      1. Contributor
        Is the hard drive the first in the boot order?

        Have you unplugged all the peripherals currently connected to the PC to check?
        0
    3. <translation>Good evening, I did that but I'm still having the same issue with the boot configuration priority; it shows me UEFI:IPv6 Realtek PCIe or the same thing in IPv4.</translation>
      1
      1. Contributor
        It's the startup on the network card.
        The annoying thing is that it's a laptop; otherwise, it is sometimes recommended to remove and reinstall the internal battery.
        Is it an old PC?
        0
      2. @cado21no, it is from 2013.
        0
    4. good evening yes I remade it and nothing works still the same problem
      0
      1. Contributor
        Do you see the hard drive containing the system in the BIOS?
        0
    5. Well, if you have touched the BIOS, you may have mistakenly set either "IDE mode" or "AHCI".
      It should normally be AHCI, but I advise you to try one then the other, restarting each time.

      Maybe your hard drive is also defective.

      Or there is a problem with your Windows, or a virus.

      To attempt repairs, you need a Windows 8 disk or download something to make a recovery USB drive (or create it from a friend's Windows 8) in order to repair Windows.
      https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/cr%C3%A9er-un-lecteur-de-r%C3%A9cup%C3%A9ration-usb-460091d5-1e8f-cb33-2d17-8fdef77412d5

      Otherwise, you need to make a live USB of Linux, which would allow you to test the hard drive, back up data, and if the hard drive is defective, replace it and reinstall Windows 8.
      https://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/live_usb#creation_d_un_live-usb_depuis_windows

      Reinstalling Windows 8:
      https://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/35750-reinstaller-windows-tous-systemes-toutes-marques

      But we're not there yet.
      Good luck!
      0
      1. Yes for the peripherals and no for the hard drive, it is in 2nd position because I can't get it to switch to 1st.
        0
        1. Contributor
          You can try this, it's quick:
          Unplug the PC.
          Remove the battery. (if it's a laptop)
          Press and hold the power button for 40 seconds.
          Plug it back in.
          Start it up.
          0
      2. thing that I have already done to relieve its charge but nothing works
        0
        1. I think I've found the reason why it doesn't work; the CPU fan isn't turning, so I suppose my CPU has given up. Thanks anyway for your help.
          0
          1. Contributor
            Good night and best wishes.
            0
        2. Good evening.
          I don’t think it’s the processor.
          Because in my opinion, if it were the processor, you wouldn’t have any display and wouldn’t be able to enter the BIOS.
          I would start by looking at the hard drive.

          A damaged hard drive can prevent the PC from booting and loop back to the BIOS. I saw that not long ago, for the first time, on a laptop.

          So, I would try like I suggested, to boot this PC from a USB stick with Linux, for example, as I mentioned earlier.

          If it boots from the live Linux USB stick, the PC works, and the hard drive needs to be replaced.
          0
          1. Thank you all, it was just the disk that needed to be reformatted to GPT.
            0
            1. Contributor
              Thank you for the feedback.
              0
            2. @cado21You're welcome, just how to close this discussion.
              0
            3. Contributor
              @sevClick on mark as resolved at the top of the page.
              0
            4. @cado21ok thank you it's done best regards
              0