Trend arrows in Excel

Solved
Hello everyone!

-Here is my problem: in an Excel file, I have 2 columns side by side that give me the data for month M and those for month M-1. I would like in a third column titled "Evolution M/M-1" to have a small drawing of an arrow that points down if the trend is downward and points up if the opposite is true. I know that with the Wingdings font, by pressing Alt+140, I can get arrows, but I can't get them to display automatically.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 6.0

2 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello
    little manipulation to do to avoid searching for character codes and for the example:
    Cell C1: Insert Character / Wingdings, choose the upward arrow / Close
    Once the arrow is displayed, go back to your cell
    =format it in Arial (for example) it will then display "é"
    In this cell, you write the formula:
    =IF(B1>A1;"é";"")
    And reformat cell C1 in Wingdings
    it will display the arrow when B1 is greater than A1
    And so on with the arrows you want to see appear by formatting column C in Wingdings
    The formula being:
    =IF(B1>A1;"character1";IF(B1<A1;"character 2";IF(B1=A1;"character 3""")))
    Regards

    PS: you can very easily display in a sheet the codes corresponding to Wingdings:
    Write the alphabet... and possibly all the keyboard signs in column A
    In column B:B1=A1 drag down the height
    Format Wingdings on column B, it’s done


    --
    The truth is not possessed, it is only sought
    20
    1. Thank you
      0
    2. Very good explanation! But how to add a comment, for example "beware, the situation is becoming critical"! Thanks a lot
      0
    3. Thank you, very clear! #10yearschallenge :)
      0