Unpaid invoice
Closed
Hello, I would like to know: four years ago I didn’t pay my phone subscription bills and they cut off the line. I received several dunning letters for unpaid amounts. I never paid them and since then I haven’t heard anything. I want to know if today I could take out a new subscription without those old bills coming back to the surface, and if yes, how long after the unpaid bills I am allowed to re-subscribe.
35 answers
-
lauradu94Hello, me too I have problems with Orange, my bill was €477 and now the bailiffs are asking me to pay €1,300. What should I do? I’m unable to pay. Please respond, knowing that I receive housing aid from CAF, which proves that I’m in the group of people with very low income. Please respond.
-
zoulou33 ContributorGood evening
As long as there is no prescription, I advise you not to go to them. To know whether your invoices are prescribed or not, I don’t know how to determine that, but by doing a search on the Google engine you would know it roughly. -
saboossbut if I go with another operator, do you think they’ll notice?
or is the problem only with Orange -
zoulou33 ContributorIf you are flagged by Prevetel you will have risks. Now if it’s a fixed issue I don’t know, you’ll see. Prevetel file = people at risk for paying for a mobile phone normally.
-
saboossthank you very much for all this information
-
fredz13Hello!,
I am currently in the old SABOSS case, that is to say I refused to pay an invoice dating from July. Since then they have not stopped sending me lawsuits, enforcement by a bailiff, etc.. I would like to know if these threats are really real or if they are just threats to scare me?
Thank you! -
celineHello, just to tell you that as long as you don’t go before the court they cannot seize you, because after going before the court it is the bailiff who handles the case and yes, they can seize everything, including third-party ownership, on salary, but for 100 euros I remain skeptical. Better to arrange something. Best regards, Celine
-
-
cooldollHello, I don’t know if this is the case for you but my brother-in-law hasn’t paid an 100 euro bill to SFR for contract termination, result he can’t open any bill in his name anymore whether it’s SFR, Orange or Bouygue, Tele2 and all that, it’s a seller who told me, so there you go.
-
fredz13Hello!,
I am currently in the old case of SABOSS, meaning that I refused to pay an invoice dating from July. Since then they have not stopped sending me court proceedings letters, enforcement via bailiff, etc. I would like to know if these threats are actually real or if they are just threats to scare me?-
the-wolf-inc0603Hi, given your problem, I had the same thing 3 years ago. Be careful, they're not going to stop, believe me. They’ll set you an deadline—call it an "AIS," okay? You’re forced to pay; it cost me a lot. I saw the woman too, but she took time to respond. Even if you send a registered letter, you’ll still pay two more months; they won’t tell you that. If you work, they can take from your salary; you should know better with them to arrange something possible. But they won’t let you go, believe me. On top of that you’ll pay the fees not given, they’ll give you the total and you pay what you can. Me, two years, but switch subscription, okay? Also part of France Telecom, like I did—group yourself like this into a single bill, okay? That’s the date you don’t miss. Best regards to you, the -wold @à++.
-
-
-
zoulou33 ContributorHello
They are threats to scare but also to force you to react. Think about why that is and whether there isn’t a mistake. Good luck getting back to a subscription after this.-
jackos91Hello,
I subscribed to various subscriptions and I have different mobile operators (Orange, SFR, etc.), but unfortunately I lost my job and I am completely unable to pay my bills.
If I continue not to pay my bills, what will happen?
- Is prison a risk? My criminal record is clean..
- Is there a risk of a fine? I have no money..
- Is there a risk of dealing with bailiffs? I live with my parents..
Thank you for helping me please.. =) -
toinan59@jackos91You had to prove that you lost your job in order to terminate the contract, and this is written in the terms and conditions of sale. You should have demonstrated that the job loss caused a decrease in your income (for example by showing your bank statements).
You can try calling them already, telling them that you have been unemployed since you stopped paying your bills -
anna@toinan59Hello, I received an invoice for 420 euros that I will not be able to pay. And I have one more line (account). If I don't pay, will my other line be cut as well? Will I risk problems with my bank?
-
-
zoulou33 ContributorHello Anna,
Ask them for a payment extension and have your plans reduced immediately. Yes, they can cut your phone service. problem with the bank because you can’t pay, so there you go. -
anna08What exactly am I risking with the bank? Can they sue me?
-
zoulou33 ContributorYes, and to be blacklisted as a bad payer and thus registered with the Banque de France.
-
-
lunePfff, just a bunch of nonsense, Zoulou33. I went to SFR, and when I stopped paying my bills, they only scared me with their letters, but that didn't last long (they gave up!). But then to say that we’re listed at the Bank of France if we don’t pay, that’s just crap!!! Nonsense... but who are they targeting????
-
-
-
TweetyHello,
I have an unpaid SFR invoice originally 260 euros that has risen to 650 euros. So let me explain: when I subscribed to a SFR plan with GSM France, I had an issue with my Nokia N96 that I bought with a defect. On the third day, when I realized the problem, I asked to have a new phone but the seller did not want to, claiming exchanges are only within a 24-hour period. Subsequently I contacted SFR, Nokia, and even sent them registered letters, but nothing happened. So I decided to terminate my subscription; I used it for the first month, my phone stayed connected to the Internet all month, and I received a bill of 260 euros. Since that bill was too high for me, I asked my bank not to pay. I then received a lot of mail, and today a letter from bailiffs. What should I do? Will I have a record of this debt in my criminal record, which is clean?-
madissoneA bailiff is not a police officer; you won't go through the court, but at the bailiff's office you can only be charged a minimum of 8 euros, he cannot demand more, especially never say which bank you use, and if you are on RSA or other Caf benefits, it’s non-enforceable, it is written at the bottom of your Caf notification. If that happens, bring your notification to the bank and they will unlock your account without fees; only food-related charges are enforceable. On the other hand, are you sure it is a bailiff? because there are also litigations, and that is no longer the same thing—you can send him away without problems; it's only a second accounting service and has no power whatsoever, and even less the right to add charges!!
-
jaf45Hello,
First of all, rest assured, SFR says they will send you the bailiffs, but before they come there must be a judgment. For awareness, someone in my circle stopped paying bills because where they lived the network didn’t work, despite several calls and letters to the SFR customer service, they ignored it and sued “my friend”; she appeared on the day of the hearing but SFR did not. No info in the plaintiff’s file about SFR) the judge ruled in favor of “my friend” and SFR goes away with the court costs charged to her + the €650 invoice they were asking from “my friend”.
For your case, did you send a complaint to SFR customer service? If yes, at the bottom or on the back of your bill you have the address of SFR’s consumer service, you must attach a copy of the letter you sent to customer service as well as their response and you request the consumer service to cancel the bill and to cover the repairs of your phone or the replacement. Also, if the seller wouldn’t replace your phone, the minimum was to send it to after-sales service; you should know that if your phone goes to the sav (service après-vente) 3 times for the same issue, the store must replace the phone; this is part of SFR’s charter. I thus advise you to go to an SFR store for SAV requests. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate, I worked for SFR for 7 1/2 years, I know a thing or two... -
hunter55@jaf45No need for a judgment when dealing with bailiffs. They can be mandated by the creditor to recover the debt (with costs charged to the debtor) or, in the case of a judgment, mandated by the judiciary if the person still refuses to pay, and that can go far with wage garnishment or bank account seizures.
The only case where no judgment is required for sending in bailiffs and various seizures is the tax authorities for unpaid taxes, traffic fines, or other unpaid amounts. -
sadeoner@madissoneHi there!
So, I received a letter from a bailiff regarding an unpaid bill. They’re asking me to pay an amount of around 1,200 euros. At first it was about 600 euros or so, and in the latest letter they’re asking me to settle quickly before an attachment/saisie on my account. So what should I do, please? I’m freaking out.
Thanks in advance!
Ciao!!! ;) -
lianna@sadeonerHi there, so basically I’m a student and I’m financially unable to pay my bill of 1,200-something euros. Do you have an answer you can give me because I’m also freaking out.
-
-
zoulou33 ContributorGood evening
What should I do? Resolve this matter amicably (by acknowledging his faults) by asking for a payment schedule. A record on the criminal background check? I don't think so. -
TweetyThanks for your response.
I’m trying but there’s nothing, no one to listen to me. Regarding the bailiffs, will they come to my place to seize if I don’t pay the bill? I’m very scared and I’m currently looking for a job, so even if I wanted to, I’m unable to pay them. -
zoulou33 ContributorThe bailiffs are likely to come, for sure, but more to intimidate you than anything else, though it's true they may come. Phone calls are not enough; you have to write to them. That’s much better. The social worker in your neighborhood can also help you.
-
TweetyThank you for your responses. Regarding the bailiffs, I live with my parents, so it’s annoying if they come.
-
madissonehi, me too i’m a fan of unpaid bills, but at orange i had everything fo!!!!!!!!!!
5 years later a bailiff came to my place, and i pay!! on the other hand with sfr nothing but when you try to reconnect a line with them they ask you to pay what you owe else they won’t reconnect you,! -
zoulou33 ContributorHello Lianna
Go see a social worker. They’re there for that and they do a great job. It’s not negative to go there, and it can help you and save you from something. -
zoulou33 ContributorHello lauradu94
Go see a social worker. They’re there for that and do a serious job. It’s not negative to go there and it can help you and save you from something.-
momoI've had this kind of problem and I'm not the first. I know plenty of people like me who didn't pay 300 to 1800 euros. And believe me, it's all show, all of it. I have a subscription; I refused to pay my bills because at the time I had no money. I got threats, red, pink, blue letters from bailiffs, but it's all nonsense. They can't do anything or rather they don't have time to deal with all that, plus with all the cash they rake in. Don't fall into the trap; you should never pay your phone bills. State fines, yes, you end up paying them. The state doesn't let go, but all those private services are bleep and have not the same resources, and it doesn't have the same impact as with the state when people don't pay what they owe. Result: they don't put in the same means.
-
spain22@momoHello, so about two or three years ago I had my SFR plan changed to a cheaper one, and as soon as I received the first bill I noticed it was 240€ even though I just changed my plan. I called SFR, and at the time they told me it was a mistake—we had charged you twice for your subscription. I asked them to redo the invoice, but they never wanted to; they said I had to pay it first and get reimbursed later. I didn’t want to, so after two or three days of endless calls, or after a week, the line was completely cut and no one could reach me. And then a few months later I received a letter from SFR saying I was their customer, and then I still received bills even though the line was cut. Today I want to subscribe to Bouygues—is that possible or not?
-
shn@momoGood evening, I read your reply. I had a question to ask. I received an official summons from a bailiff for an unpaid SFR bill of 880 euros. What do I risk if I do not respond?
-
tigresse66@shnit depends where the bailiff is located; if it's too far from your home, call him and tell him you can't move, then he will ask you to reimburse. It depends if you have the means. If you don't have the means, propose him 30 euros per month, that you can't do more. In short, he is likely not to agree, but send the money anyway every month. Transfer or mandate to keep proof if there is a bigger problem.
-
alex@tigresse66Hello, I have two Orange mobile and Orange Internet invoices, both 1200. I therefore must pay 2400€; that's impossible for me. I’m not giving any news... but it’s annoying because I can’t take a subscription :( What should I do...
-
-
zoulou33 ContributorHello sweetheart,
If you had done things correctly in writing, it would have avoided problems. Well, now you just need to provide proof of your move and there you go, that should put things in order but well, good luck. -
- 1
- 2
Next