Installation I-go 2008 on GPS E610
Solved/Closed
Hello,
I'm getting started
1) Normally, people with this GPS should have an SD card reader with it. First, you need to retrieve "28_gsexplorer.rar" (a quick search on the net should do). Then, extract "gsexplorer.exe"
2) On the card, rename the folder "mobilenavigator" to "mobilenavigator1" and create a new folder "mobilenavigator". Paste "gsexplorer.exe" into it and rename it to "mobilenavigator.exe"
3) Search online for "pack_g280.rar", a utility pack for a similar GPS. Extract it and copy the file "ShowTaskbar.exe" (found in system) and paste it into the "mobilenavigator" folder
4) Completely turn off the GPS "on/off", restart it with the SD card inside. When you arrive at the 3 icons, click on navigation, and miraculously you'll land on the Windows Explorer (that's already a first step).
5) Click on SDMMC, mobilenavigator, and run ShowTaskbar.exe.
6) Click on windows, go to programs and launch Windows Explorer
7) In the second bar of "address : My device", double-click to bring up the numeric keyboard.
8) Close all windows with the cross at the top left, and in the end, only the numeric keyboard should remain on the GPS homepage.
9) On the numeric keyboard, click "ESC" and you will land on the Windows CE V5.0 desktop with the taskbar at the bottom. To make the keyboard disappear, move it and click on the keyboard "HIDE Input panel" on the taskbar
Here’s a first step that I would call "unlocking the GPS", because theoretically, it's possible to do everything from the Windows platform (but I haven't had the time yet).
I'll describe to you tomorrow how to install IGO 2008.
Good evening.
PS: Sorry for the multiple posts, I opened another topic but the title didn't match. If a moderator could please close the topic "Gps E610 request for advice" that I opened this afternoon. (my first blunder...) thanks again.
I'm getting started
1) Normally, people with this GPS should have an SD card reader with it. First, you need to retrieve "28_gsexplorer.rar" (a quick search on the net should do). Then, extract "gsexplorer.exe"
2) On the card, rename the folder "mobilenavigator" to "mobilenavigator1" and create a new folder "mobilenavigator". Paste "gsexplorer.exe" into it and rename it to "mobilenavigator.exe"
3) Search online for "pack_g280.rar", a utility pack for a similar GPS. Extract it and copy the file "ShowTaskbar.exe" (found in system) and paste it into the "mobilenavigator" folder
4) Completely turn off the GPS "on/off", restart it with the SD card inside. When you arrive at the 3 icons, click on navigation, and miraculously you'll land on the Windows Explorer (that's already a first step).
5) Click on SDMMC, mobilenavigator, and run ShowTaskbar.exe.
6) Click on windows, go to programs and launch Windows Explorer
7) In the second bar of "address : My device", double-click to bring up the numeric keyboard.
8) Close all windows with the cross at the top left, and in the end, only the numeric keyboard should remain on the GPS homepage.
9) On the numeric keyboard, click "ESC" and you will land on the Windows CE V5.0 desktop with the taskbar at the bottom. To make the keyboard disappear, move it and click on the keyboard "HIDE Input panel" on the taskbar
Here’s a first step that I would call "unlocking the GPS", because theoretically, it's possible to do everything from the Windows platform (but I haven't had the time yet).
I'll describe to you tomorrow how to install IGO 2008.
Good evening.
PS: Sorry for the multiple posts, I opened another topic but the title didn't match. If a moderator could please close the topic "Gps E610 request for advice" that I opened this afternoon. (my first blunder...) thanks again.
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0
73 answers
-
Hello everyone, I'm starting the installation of I-go 2008. I recommend a 2GB SD card:
1) download IGO08 here:
files/95248871/iGO8_PC_PDA_PNA.zip (find it using the search engine as I'm not sure if it blocks my post.
You have 2 folders "iGo8_PDA_PNA" and "iGo_8_PC". A little wink to the clever one who said that you need I-GO PC to install it: that's nonsense!!! (proof with the folder).
2) unzip and copy the IGO8 folder from the "iGo8_PDA_PNA" folder to the SD card,-
-
@dlaballeHi,
I advise you to download the 3.5 pack from this site:
http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=ROWLANMV
File name: 3.5.rar
File size: 169.38 MB
On this site, you need to enter the 3-character code on this page (enter several different codes, then it will ask you to wait a few seconds, after which you can download IGO8)
There you go, you finally have IGO 8.
All that's missing are the compatible maps for igo8, which you can find here:
http://116.228.63.6/gps/untitled-1.html
And follow the installation procedures on this forum...
Good luck! -
@gpspedroSorry gpspedro
but the site you gave at http://116.228.63.6/gps/untitled-1.html is the site for IGO 2006 demo and the maps from this site do not work for IGO8. Be careful, check your sources so as not to mislead those who, like you, started one day with the installation of IGO8 on gps 610.
read this same discussion from response No. 35
I think that in this discussion, there are enough answers to install IGO 8 with complete peace of mind as long as you read everything.
I know, it’s tedious but it’s through effort that you get what you want. -
-
-
-
Hello,
Excellent... everything is working as you said!! Thanks again for this initial breakthrough... I'm eagerly waiting for what's next... I'm sitting in front of my little screen thinking... okay, so what do I do now!!! the dependency on information... hmmmmmmmmmm!! that's worth its weight in gold!! thanks again for everything you've been able to describe accurately and without any fluff...
I'm leaving tomorrow for a month, so if you feel like writing the next part today, don't hesitate! Thanks again!!
recycloliv, just another user... -
Good evening,
great, it works like a charm, thank you for this info. Can you tell us a bit more John, we are all eager to see what happens next...
thanks again -
Indeed, we are very eager to know what happens nextindeed, we are very eager to know what happens next!!
Thank you for your information, see you very soon, we hope. -
Hello,
I'm desperately trying to post the continuation but after 4 posts nothing is showing up!!!!
I'll try again tonight, sorry. -
3) At this point, you have the "nu" software without the French maps and voices. And sorry, but I can't remember where I got them from. I had a version of IGo8 PPC and PDA, I just copied the "CONTENT" file containing all of that and pasted it onto the SD card to replace the empty one.
4) Turn off the GPS "on/off", reinsert the SD card. Turn it on again and repeat the process to get the explorer.
Small break: go to ResidentFlash, mobilnavigator, and delete all the sound files "GPS SPEED CAMERA STARTING", which are really annoying at startup...
5) Go to SDMMC, IGO8, double click on IGO (small blue icon).
6) IGO will launch. It takes a little time, don't panic, 55 seconds. If you click on exit, it goes back to the explorer.
That's it, IGO 2008 is running on the GPS E610. Note that I tried it outside yesterday successfully, and today I will test it in the car (I'll keep you posted).
PS: I just have one problem, when I put it to sleep with the button on top, it bugs. I have to turn it off/on and repeat the process (nothing too serious, except for the startup time).
Hoping to have made my contribution. The fact that we can access the explorer allows for the installation of all sorts of software, I leave it to you to share your installations and improve the access system to Windows CE.-
-
BONJOUR
I did all the proposed steps to install igo8 on my GPS "New 4.3 GPS+Europe map bluetooth FM Free Gift 402 UK" purchased on eBay, but I can't get it to work.
I downloaded all the maps, poi, dem, and radar and put them in the right places in igo8, but honestly, my GPS won't start. What’s the solution? Thank you. -
@abderHi,
If the GPS works with the original SD card, don't panic.
Have you followed step 109 from blemor22's response?
The answer might be there.
See you! -
@talhamI thank you for your advice
but I apparently have a damaged file that I can't even delete
I will buy a new SD card as you suggested
I agree for you to send me i go 2008
I give you my address lydia.daluz@free.fr
I thank you because now I don't dare to touch it anymore. -
@abderDid you manage to get igo8 working? Mine is running fine. Cheers, Michel.
-
-
After trying, it's the link that was blocking my posts. I just tried to find the folder with YAHOO and "files/95248871/iGO8_PC_PDA_PNA.zip", and we can find it... Your turn now.
-
thank you john, i'm trying right away,
see you later... -
Well, there you go, simply amazing!!! Thank you so much for all this... you have gold in your head and in your hands... thanks again.
-
Well, after a try this morning...it's true that it takes a hell of a long time to start, the bugger!!! That said, once it's going, it's pleasant. Do you think it would be possible to go directly to navigation without having to go through the SDMC and IGO in blue, like making a shortcut that launches IGO directly?
For your information, I managed to find the IGO 08 files through a somewhat unorthodox method regarding French law, but hey!!! A word to the wise, consume with moderation "danger"!!!
Another question for John: so the files that we named "mobilenavigator1", can we delete or move them to save space? Are they useful to us?
ercycloliv -
Hello,
Yes, you can delete them and restore the auto launch.
To directly launch I-GO 2008, you need to do the opposite of the first post:
1) rename the folder containing IGO08 to "mobilenavigator",
2) rename the file IGO8.exe to "mobilenavigator.exe".
The folders need to be like they were originally (but with I-go 2008).
P.S.: I tried IGO-08 this weekend. No particular issues. A major crash on the first route, the GPS disconnected every 30 seconds.
Otherwise, it is a bit slow to load, but the navigation is user-friendly. Route changes and recalculations are quick.
One downside, I installed the speed cameras, and it takes at least 4 minutes to launch the software (even after sorting and keeping only the fixed cameras). For the method, it can be found on another forum (found with a Yahoo search "radar I-GO 2008").
Have a great afternoon! -
a little help please I can’t find the pack_g280.rar.
can someone help me?
thank you -
Good evening,
I have a problem; my task manager doesn’t display, but it disappears at the bottom.
However, I found out that the Chinese program launches through autorun in the residentflash directory, but if we delete it, will it stop the software from starting and we would go directly to the desktop and taskbar???
Who can answer this question?
My ActiveSync cannot connect with my E610, why?
Thank you. -
Igo8 bugs a lot; I don't know if it's because of a lack of memory, maybe?
-
I made a mistake and some files from the flash resident have been deleted and igo6 is no longer working
could someone please email me the elecdg and mobilenavigator directories zipped please
to the address rajoharisonhery@yahoo.fr
I would be very grateful
thank you in advance -
Hello
1) The taskmanager software is not working PROPERLY, it is "ShowTaskbar.exe" in my tutorial.
2) In a previous thread on the forum, it was mentioned that you should not delete the autorun and exe files from "residenflash" as they affect the GPS functionality. Hence the stability issues.
3) i-go 2008 (as mentioned above) crashed on the first trip, I used it again yesterday and had no issues.
Have a nice day
PS: I have sent you the files via email.-
-
@steph80You need to copy only the file "ShowTaskbar.exe" that you can find online with a search engine; I found it easily, and paste it into the "mobilenavigator" folder.
-
-
Thank you John, I eagerly await the zipped files in my email.
Thank you. -
John, I haven't received the file yet at my email rajoharisonhery@yahoo.fr
Thank you in advance. -
HI,
THANK YOU JOHN FOR THIS MANIPULATION, NO PROBLEM, NO BUG. I AM LOOKING FOR THE FRENCH.ZIP FILE TO OBTAIN THE TEXTS IN FRENCH ON THE IGO 2008. COULD ANYONE SEND IT TO ME?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE TO ALL. -
Hello
I followed your post but I can't get past the screen with the three icons.........why?
- 1
- 2
- 3
- 4
Next