[GPS] Mio: Installing maps on SD

This operation works on a MIO C220.

The first thing you can do is let the MioMap software from the CD install while using "transfer maps" from the menu. But the transfer can sometimes be long (due to the integrated card reader, which is not very efficient).

To speed up the process, you can use an SD reader connected to your USB 2 port.

- On your card, create the directory MioMap/Maps
- In this directory, copy the desired maps from the Maps directory on the DVD
- Turn on your GPS and insert the card
- The GPS restarts, your maps are installed

Instead of taking 20 to 30 minutes to install from the software using the GPS's USB connection, you can reduce the process to a few minutes (provided you have a fast SD card and the appropriate reader).
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.4

23 answers

  1. Hello everyone, I have a little problem with miomap, my GPS is asking me to reinstall it but I can't get it recognized on my PC (even with all the techniques I've read: Mio Transfer C250 and the hack). So how can I reinstall it? Is it possible to do it via an SD card? Thank you in advance for shedding some light on this subject.
    7
    1. Je suis désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
      6
      1. HELLO EVERYONE
        IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I'VE BEEN STRUGGLING
        TO FIND AN UPDATE FOR THE MAP OF FRANCE FOR MY C 250
        WHERE I BOUGHT IT THEY TOLD ME THE C 250 SERIES HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY THE MANUFACTURER
        AT MIO I DON’T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING FRENCH PAGE THEN IN ENGLISH CLUB SIGNUP WHAT A HEADACHE
        SO IF ANYONE HAS A SOLUTION

        A BIG THANK YOU
        4
        1. I just read your question and since I am also looking for updates for my C250, I would like to know if you managed to find a solution. If so, could you please share it with me?
          0
      2. Bonjour, j'ai un GPS Mio c220 France et il me manque juste la carte Europe. Comment puis-je l'obtenir ? Je connais un vendeur à Feut Vert qui peut me faire une copie, mais le problème c'est qu'il les a tous vendues.
        3
        1. Hello, I just bought a Mio C320B GPS. I activated the speed cameras in the general settings, but when I'm on the road, the GPS doesn't emit any sound alerts. Can anyone respond to this issue? Thank you very much for your help.
          2
          1. Hello,

            I have a big issue with my GPS. While I'm driving on the highway, the GPS tells me to make a U-turn carefully, lol. Or when it's not telling me to turn around, it asks me to take the first left, and before I even turn, it wants me to turn right already. I think there’s a real problem with the GPS.

            Unfortunately, I don’t have the CD that allows me to update the GPS. What can I do, and do I really need to pay?

            It's a Mio n 179.
            0
          2. Hi
            when you bought your mio you should have the cd with it otherwise it's useless
            return it, see you +
            0
        2. Hello, I have this problem too, I just bought a A710, what should I do??????????? Thank you, David.
          1
          1. I am also looking for the same card, I would like to know where you bought it, thank you.
            1
            1. Hello, I just bought a C220 and I just put the SD card in the GPS and it works! Well, I think. So why all these manipulations? Olivier
              0
              1. In your case, you bought a preloaded card. But it is possible to download the maps on the Mio website; the installation on the SD card will cost you in this case.
                0
            2. Hello
              vinvin02 could you contact me by email?
              roumaisa_2005@hotmail.com
              Thanks a million in advance
              0
              1. Hello, can someone give me information about Packard Bell drivers, thank you?
                0
                1. It also works for cards that you obtained elsewhere than through Mio ;)
                  0
                  1. Hello,
                    Can you help me because I did the operation with the folder names on my SD card to have the map of Canada, but when I turn on the GPS, there is a message saying that the maps are locked and that I need to check the site mio-tech.be.
                    For your information, it's a GPS purchased in the US and my PC is running Vista.

                    Thank you for your help

                    will300gt74@yahoo.com
                    0
                    1. I forgot to mention that it's a Mio C220.
                      0
                  2. Does anyone have a solution to this blocked card problem???

                    Thanks in advance for responding...
                    0
                    1. According to what I read, the SD card had to be formatted in FAT format before putting the cards on it, but I don't have that problem so I didn't try
                      FAT and not FAT32.
                      0
                      1. I just tried the manipulation too and yes, the cards downloaded onto the SD card are locked, if someone knows how to unlock them???
                        0
                        1. Hello,
                          I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, THE CARDS I INSTALL ARE STUCK ON MY C220 HAS ANYONE FOUND A SOLUTION
                          0
                          1. Hello, I bought a SD card a few months ago with preloaded Europe mapping for Mio PNd and the same issue, the maps are locked. If anyone knows the solution to unlock them, please share it.
                            0
                            1. The manipulation works very well with my C220 purchased with the integrated France card:
                              To add all of Europe:
                              On the SD card, create a MioMap folder and a subfolder Maps
                              put the maps in it:
                              ed2k://|file|Miomap%20v3.3%20Europe%202007.1%20Compatible%20c220.rar|941834091|D7D4FD940013D24A04FF71235050084D|h=QJCJUCJBMJXGEO6Y27WGRSOCT7CGDGW5|/

                              Restart the GPS (do not just turn it off).
                              0
                              1. Hello
                                with MIO C22O I tried with prepaid cards (example South Africa) same problem the card is blocked
                                (despite the license.db file).

                                What is
                                ed2k://|file|Miomap%20v3.3%20Europe%202007.1%20Compatible%20c220.rar|941834091|D7D4FD94001 3D24A04FF71235050084D|h=QJCJUCJBMJXGEO6Y27WGRSOCT7CGDGW5|/

                                For my part, I agree to buy (at a reasonable price since it is for limited use)
                                maps of Africa and Madagascar) But I can't find any

                                Thank you
                                happy holidays to all
                                0
                            2. I have a Mag GPS and I don't know how to add countries via the SD memory card.
                              0

                              1. Hello, can you give me more information?
                                0
                                • 1
                                • 2