The wave in email
Solved/Closed
Hello,
Next to "inbox," at the end of the line, I have a small white wave in a blue circle.
I can remove it, but what does it do, what does it indicate?
And when I want to send an email, during the sending process, it asks me for my password. I type it in, but it refuses it; how can I see, verify, or change my password?
So the email isn't sent.
Thank you
Next to "inbox," at the end of the line, I have a small white wave in a blue circle.
I can remove it, but what does it do, what does it indicate?
And when I want to send an email, during the sending process, it asks me for my password. I type it in, but it refuses it; how can I see, verify, or change my password?
So the email isn't sent.
Thank you
Configuration: Mac OS X Safari 525.13
14 answers
-
Has it always happened to you or is it recent? Which internet service provider do you have? Are you sure the problem occurs when sending an email and not when you retrieve your emails?
-
-
-
@emilie You probably misconfigured your SMTP mail sending server. What is it?
To send your emails using an application (it seems to be Mail here), you need to configure the SMTP server in it that will handle the sending of your emails. An SMTP server is far from easy to set up, which is why internet service providers all provide one for their clients. The address of these servers is usually in the form "smtp.xxxxxxx.fr" with xxxxx=the name of the service provider. For example, for me, who has Modulonet as my service provider, the mail sending server I use is "smtp.modulonet.fr".
.Mac, which is a service provided by Apple that allows you to have an Email address, does not provide you with an SMTP server. Therefore, you need to go to Mail Preferences, then to the Accounts tab. You select your .Mac account and you will see a line where you need to enter the SMTP sending server address.
What is your service provider? -
@Slaughtermanincoming mail server: mail.mac.com
outgoing mail server: smtp.mac.com:sueno.flamenco.com
my internet service provider would then be Neuf telecom, I believe. -
@emilie Hello,
Go to Mail preferences / Accounts /
Click on the "Server Settings" button located under the name of your smtp server (KEEP the smtp server specific to your Internet Service Provider), and in "Authentication" set it to "None", also uncheck the SSL box
See here the servers of the main Internet Service Providers - the one you pay your monthly subscription to
Best regards
--
Withoutpseudo - Francis
iMac G5 2ghz 2Go - OS 10.4.11
-
-
Essay the following: replace smtp.mac.com:sueno.flamenco.com with smtp.neuf.fr.
-
-
@emilieWere you connected to the internet when you took the test? Are you sure your service provider is Neuf?
-
@SlaughtermanI am connected since I have been online for a little while.
My provider to whom I pay my phone and ADSL internet subscription is indeed Neuf Telecom.
It's written at the top in the radar symbol on the MacBook.
Yes, that's right.
-
-
Emily,
I don't know if you read my previous message? If you did and you followed the instructions, try checking the SSL box (if you tested with the SSL box unchecked), since I'm not sure about Neuf. But keep the authentication set to "None."
--
Sanspseudo - Francis
iMac G5 2ghz 2Go - OS 10.4.11-
-
If it still doesn't work, enter "smtp.mac.com" in the Outgoing Mail Server field. However, you will need to enable authentication. Your login and password are the same as those you use to retrieve your emails from the "imap.mac.com" server.
Edit: I just found this on Apple's site
Verify your SMTP server settings with the following information:
* Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.mac.com
* Server port: 25 (or 587 if your ISP is blocking port 25)
* "Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)" should be checked (enabled)
* Authentication: Password
* User Name: Your .Mac member name (without "@mac.com")
* Password: Your .Mac password
Basically, this translates to:
* Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.mac.com
* Server port: 25
* Check the SSL option
* Authentication: Password
* User: Your .Mac member name (= your email address without @mac.com)
* Password: Your .Mac password
-
-
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, I found "authentication", but it's not in the dropdown "none".
There's "response to the MD5 challenge"
"NTLM"
"KERBEROS VERSION 5 (GSSAPI)"
"password" -
Relist my email above to find where "Authentication" is located
And read, as an example only, how to set up Mail for LaPoste, here
http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich 3752210 problem creating the account in mail#9
And see this image to help you: http://imagik.fr/view-rl/16506
You must put "none" to avoid needing a password for sending
--
Sanspseudo - Francis
iMac G5 2ghz 2Go - OS 10.4.11 -
I did everything you told me "sanspseudo" and "slaugh..." but it still doesn't work.
I think the password is incorrect.
There is no option in the "authentication" dropdown for "none".
So for the password "slaugh..." you say it needs the password + .mac, right?-
-
@Slaughtermanah! ah!
so, I'm going to try to find it again
because at that level you can't help me anymore!
-
-
The first item in the authentication drop-down list is "None"; take a good look, you have the mouse over it when you open the menu.
--
Withoutpseudo - Francis
iMac G5 2ghz 2Go - OS 10.4.11 -
I had some trouble with Mail, especially configuring my Hotmail account, so I installed Office 2008 with Entourage, and I highly recommend this software because it set up my Hotmail and Yahoo accounts in 2 clicks and it's working perfectly ;)
Well, I know I'm a bit off-topic, but I just wanted to share that with you ;)
--
MacBook dc2 2.4Gz/2go/160-
-
-
@Anonymous userI agree it's off-topic and as much as possible should be avoided but.... don't get angry (if you were angry)
I know I’m a case where patience is required and you’ve had some trying to solve my problem.
See you soon and good luck if you find others like me, because I'm still not the only one struggling like this, after all.
Between all these terms and things, well, thanks and see you maybe soon.
-
-
Anyway, the problem is with the .Mac address. Even if she bought Office 2008, it wouldn't change anything about the issue. Find your password and I'm almost sure it will work.
-
-
@emilieI've never seen such an icon in Mail. Are you sure it's not an exclamation point? In any case, it's probably related to the SMTP server configuration issue.
-
@Slaughtermanno, no, the exclamation point was for an old address that I deleted for this one, it's a tilde like the ones on the n, in Spanish you know.
so it's a tilde, a white wave, in a blue round!
No, no, don't think that I'm crazy, I'm not "joking" around!
-
-
Emilie,
Are you talking about this sign?
If the answer is yes, it means that Mail is unable to connect to the incoming server. This is due to a configuration issue with Mail, or the unavailability of the server.
In your case, it must be a Mail configuration issue.
(It is rare for an account to be configured or set up to handle passwords for sending. - do not confuse this with the password for receiving)
Best regards
--
Sanspseudo - Francis
iMac G5 2ghz 2Go - OS 10.4.11-
Hallelujah!
It works. He sent my 5 emails! Wow, one problem solved.
Actually, the "password" I entered in the settings of my "account" probably didn't match the one I gave at the very beginning when opening the "mail" software.
Well, I’m not sure if that's it or not, but it was a password issue.
Regarding the wave, do you know or not?
I can remove it by clicking on it.
But when I close mail and come back, it has reappeared at the end of the line in the "inbox." -
@emilieSee my message just above - you have the explanation for this "blue wave" - (nothing to do with the elections ;-))
--
Withoutpseudo - Francis
iMac G5 2ghz 2Go - OS 10.4.11
-
-
ContributorALENOUIIIAAAA !!!!!! indeed and HOSANNA for the same price
though for a bit we could go to the sana
sacred beautiful emilie!!!!!!!!-
-
@emilieSee my message n° 30 above :)
http://ww.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich 5962536 la vague dans mail#30
--
Sanspseudo - Francis
iMac G5 2ghz 2Go - OS 10.4.11
-
-
No, no, it's not the exclamation point but another symbol: see messages 27, 29 AND 31.
-
-
@Anonymous userno, no I understood well but it was a way of saying.
I'm talking about a wave -
@emilieYet in the image I am showing you, it is indeed the sign or wave that you are describing... did you take a good look at the image I sent you? The sign circled in red??
--
Sanspseudo - Francis
iMac G5 2ghz 2Go - OS 10.4.11 -
@Anonymous userOops!
Yes, sorry, I got mixed up in all the forums I am in. It is indeed this wave.
That you circled in red.
-
-
ContributorHey there! Émilie, more and more beautiful!
I’m coming from where I come from, a bit like everyone else, right?
I have indeed followed the course of this post and as I am very new, I admired the patience and support in the help you received -
Hosanna in the highest, then
and even in excelsis deo
and here, deo, everyone knows who we’re thinking of
Francis, since you’re watching us, good evening --
The wave, the wave, of course I know
This weekend I did some pedal boating, on it, dreaming...
We send you hugs. -
ContributorIs it over? Too bad -
I’m keeping this piece for the Guinness
by the way, we haven't heard any news from our reloaded 23-
-
@Anonymous userYou might have me on the forum for at least 2 months. I'm doing an internship and there are quite a few days where I don't have much to do, so I hang out here.
-